Classé Sigma SSP mkII. DAC no good!

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by cambo64, Feb 21, 2018.

1. cambo64

cambo64
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Soooo have had my Sigma for about 5 months, all seemed well. Until after a 9 month wait I received my new Naim Uniti Core. Very excited so immediately started ripping my cd collection and listening to some old classics. BUT all is not well here! To cut a long story short and after hours on the phone to Naim customer support as I thought it was faulty. NOOOOO it is the DAC in the Classé that has issues. Tracks seem to not play from the beginning, it jumps in or it has some kind of muting. I borrowed an external DAC from my retailer and problem solved. Uniti works beautifully and sounds great. Extremely frustrating, especially after the money these units cost.
    Tried calling tech support and they were next to useless. I guess as they are in takeover transition they don't really care. Well I do, so Classé can you look into this?!! Please?

2. felty99

felty99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    What does your Classe dealer say or advise? You might have better luck reposting this in the main Sigma thread including details of how you are connecting the Core to Sigma.

3. cambo64

cambo64
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem found. It is the internal DAC on the processor. I borrowed an Arcam DAC and connected it to the analogue inputs on the Sigma and the Uniti works perfectly. I hasten to add I still have not heard from support at all.

4. felty99

felty99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    So none of the 3 coaxial inputs work with the Core? Yet other digital inputs (optical, HDMI) do work with other sources?

5. cambo64

cambo64
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes everything works fine. Have multiple sources, cable tv, apple tv, DVD, turntable and xbox. Have tried all coax and no difference all suffer this muting/ jumping in at the start of tracks.

6. Member 769353

Member 769353
    Previously davidf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +752
    I think you're referring to gapless playback, which isn't a given, regardless of the rrp of a product.