Clashing remotes problem - help / advice wanted.

mikeplow1961

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi again

I'm just in the process of setting up my home theatre system with a Logitech Harmony One remote. Last job to do before setting it up was to add some led backlighting to the tv. Did that today.

Problem - I use a speedlink Sl-6399 USB IR receiver and remote to control a acer revo R3610 htpc. When testing the lights I noticed the red led on the speedlink receiver blink and sure enough, they clash. Switch the lights on, it also starts Windows Media Centre, use the htpc remote, it changes the light colours. Aaaaaaargh!

Questions.
Do I just get a new USB IR receiver for the htpc?
How do I know I won't get the same problem?
Does anyone know what frequency the Sl-6399 uses? (is that what I need to be checking for?)

Heeeeellllllppppp!!! I seem to be taking one step forward and two back with each step.

I have a similar problem with my humax hd tv box and my new hdmi switcher ,but surely by getting a universal remote wont help because the ir frequencies will still be the same ?

That's right.
It's odd that two such different things have the same command set.

I have a similar problem with my humax hd tv box and my new hdmi switcher ,but surely by getting a universal remote wont help because the ir frequencies will still be the same ?

This is true the frequencies will still be the same but if he bought a new receiver for his media centre they will hopefully be different.

Plus it integrates well with the harmony one he is looking at
and with XBMC
at under a tenner if it don't work it don't matter

I bought a noname MCE remote from Amazon, 7.95

TRIXES PC & Mouse Remote Controller USB Media Wireless: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I went this one because in the Amazon reviews someone had posted what to add it as in the Harmony One software.

No interference with the lighting controller. Huzzah.
Unfortunately, adding it to the Harmony One resulted in nothing happening but a bit of experimentation and advice from Logitech Support sorted it out.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Could you tell us how you added it to the Harmony software I struggled adding mine but worked it out in the end but now I cant remember how

I think had to add it as an MCE PC in the end to get it to work, so the harmony would emulate an MCE remote

Could you tell us how you added it to the Harmony software I struggled adding mine but worked it out in the end but now I cant remember how

I think had to add it as an MCE PC in the end to get it to work, so the harmony would emulate an MCE remote

I had to add it, using the remote software 7.7.0, as a Media Centre Pc, Chinavasion Cvsb-983. Then when it asked if I had the original remote say no.

If ai said yes to having the original and foloowedthe learning steps it didn't work. Apparently there are two versions of the csvb-983 so one of the methods should work. Hope that helps.

Ah I see I think I did mine as MediaPC - Microsoft - Windows Media Center
but this is because I used an official MCE receiver I would like to get mine integrated into the front of the case but don't have the time :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom