Clash of The Titans & Futureshop Exclusive Steelbooks - Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I am James and I am sorry for my late arrival :thumbsup:

IF THERE IS ANYONE I AM MISSING OR YOUR UNSURE IF YOUR ON THE LIST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW RIGHT AWAY!!

:arty:

WILL CONSIDER TRADES FOR MY WANTS (SHOULD BE EASY, MY LIST IS HUGE :facepalm:)

Wanted : Steelhead needs his fix! AAHHH

Last edited:
put me down for clash please mate:smashin:

Ok everyone thanks for your support, I have to go for the evening, Stuart I read over the forum rules and thank you, I will amend all my posts later this evening. I promise I will not hold anyone responsible if they back out. Talk to you later. thanks

James.

If this all goes well I would like it if we could do this with other stuff as well. Just hope they dont enforce those limits.

I would like both please if possible

Hi and welcome :)
Id like both if there's a chance also :thumbsup:
Uk here.

Last edited:
Exactly the kind of STEEL member we need here.:thumbsup:

Btw, if you send in bulk, please do not forget to declare the box value as less than 18 GBP or mark it as Gift to avoid being stung by customs.

In 2008 while I was in Japan, I incurred huge losses as Customs (HMRC) flicked 2 packages of mine worth more than 200 quids for declaring it as Gift. So, please keep this is mind to avoid any unpleasant experience.

What's the approximate price for these steelies?

Put me down for one of each please..:smashin:
Sent to Stevies House.....

Last edited:
put me down for one of each please

Last edited:
a titans please,

and apologies, think i misunderstood you offering of a group buy in the classifieds thread, i thought you were offering a group buy from germany..

Can you put me down for both please.How could they put a limit on how many you can buy in one go, can you buy your limit and come back later and buy another lot ?

Last edited:
If you send in bulk, please do not forget to declare the box value as less than 18 GBP or mark it as Gift to avoid being stung by customs.

It still needs to be marked as under £18 and gift. As I have had stuff marked as Gift with a value of over £18 and got the dreaded customs fee to pay.

I have had stuff delivered from all over the world and as long as it's marked as gift and value of £18 we will be OK with customs.

Also I'm happy as stated to take the large shipment but each person will need to pay me £2.50 for repacking and postage to your location in the UK. I hope you understand this as I'm not trying to make money just trying to provide the best deals for all of us.

Mine was flicked by Customs despite marking as Gift and valued as £18. This happened twice on huge parcels with 8-10 movies. All depends on the mood of the officer.

So, please exercise caution.

It still needs to be marked as under £18 and gift. As I have had stuff marked as Gift with a value of over £18 and got the dreaded customs fee to pay.

I have had stuff delivered from all over the world and as long as it's marked as gift and value of £18 we will be OK with customs.

Also I'm happy as stated to take the large shipment but each person will need to pay me £2.50 for repacking and postage to your location in the UK. I hope you understand this as I'm not trying to make money just trying to provide the best deals for all of us.

steve, is postage to ireland okay if i cover the extra.

Mine was flicked by Customs despite marking as Gift and valued as £18. This happened twice on huge parcels with 8-10 movies. All depends on the mood of the officer.

So, please exercise caution.

We will all have to chip in if we get stung by customs :D

steve, is postage to ireland okay if i cover the extra.

Yeah no problem.

Last edited:
Hi can you please put me down for both :)

put me down for clash please!

Can you put me down for both please.How could they put a limit on how many you can buy in one go, can you buy your limit and come back later and buy another lot ?

I beleive they put a strict limit during Iron Man and Disney fiasco. People were complaining they lined up for hours only for the people in front of them to make out with 10 copies each. I beleive they still have the limit set but enforce it more on release day itself, to ensure anyone who wanted a copy early gets theirs. I only have 2 Futureshops (which is actually lucky) within a 40km radius, the 3rd FS is a long drive and prefer not to go there. My concern is how many copies will each Futureshop be getting? were creeping up on 20 copies of each Steel and COTT isnt out for a month and a half :eek:.

a titans please,

and apologies, think i misunderstood you offering of a group buy in the classifieds thread, i thought you were offering a group buy from germany..

Actually my apologies, I did not realize this forum was larger percentage of UK. I got into Steelbook's recently, trying to break the record for most Steels in a small amount of time. I had made an order with amazon.de recently, had another one pending so thought I'd offer to get people 1 or 2 steels they needed.

Exactly the kind of STEEL member we need here.:thumbsup:

Btw, if you send in bulk, please do not forget to declare the box value as less than 18 GBP or mark it as Gift to avoid being stung by customs.

In 2008 while I was in Japan, I incurred huge losses as Customs (HMRC) flicked 2 packages of mine worth more than 200 quids for declaring it as Gift. So, please keep this is mind to avoid any unpleasant experience.

What's the approximate price for these steelies?

Thank you for your kind words. I am here to help trust me when I say that, but I am also getting a bit worried about money because this is ALOT of upfront money for alot of people I don't know (no offence to anyone here). So I would greatly appreciate opinions as to how I should handle money with no chance at loosing? I hate to say it already but if there are people who ruin it and I loose any money I am done :rolleyes:

Futureshop's price is 29.99+tax(13%) = $33.89 + shipping

Going right now for shipping, tty guys in an hour or 2.

Once you have the Eli steelbooks in hand then I guess you should start collecting payments from people. Should anybody let you down then can't you just return their steelbook to FS for a refund??

I'm also in the UK and more than happy for my copy to be posted to Steve and then I'll pay him to send to me.

Thanks again for your help James.

Steelhead,

What's the approximate final amount excluding UK domestic shipping? Is it $34 + $15 or $34 + $7? Please clarify.

Steelhead,

What's the approximate final amount excluding UK domestic shipping? Is it $34 + $15 or $34 + $7? Please clarify.

Shipping will be around $70 divided into how many steels he can ship to me (or get ) in 1 go. So if we can get 14 steels it will be $34 + $5ish,
Then I will let people know when I have recieved the steels to pay me £2.50 for UK postage.
This will be the cheapest way to get steels from Canada.

Wow it is a lot of steelbooks.
Maybe in this case payment could be made to Stevie in advance, if Stevie takes payments then forward the payment to the OP, that will cut out anyone pulling out of the deal ,i'm sure (some) of us won't mind paying up front.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom