Clash of Clans...AVForums members clan

Oh dear oh dear oh dear

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394979649.825530.jpg

I was super unlucky. A lvl 3 bomb almost took out one pack, and then he had wizards in his castle. Plus I didn't use my spells well. Nvm!

Just scored 900k..!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395051260.892714.jpg

I'm in a different clan for a bit. Going to give it a go. Nothing against AVF clan, but I have been there for around 18 months now think. This new clan is Brits only and we all support the same football team

If it doesn't work out I'll be back grovelling.. :)

Wow. 800,000 elixir up for grabs. Most I've ever seen! I managed half of it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396013549.153794.jpg

Clan Wars Frequently Asked Questions
IMPORTANT
New concept when talking about Clan Wars: WAR BASE means your home on war map. The war base is not the village. The war base is your home in the war map, and the village is your home in the normal game. For example, your village does not get locked during battle day, but your war base does. You do not donate troops to friendly villages during preparation day, you donate troops to friendly war bases. You do not defeat enemy villages in war, but you do defeat enemy war bases, etc. etc.

Essential Info

What are clan wars? How do they work?
A clan war is a strategic battle between two clans. There are two phases in a clan war, the preparation day and the battle day. Each participant can attack twice during the battle day. At the end of the war, the clan that earns the most stars from attacking wins the clan war.

Every clan member who makes successful attacks during a clan war will earn some bonus loot, but only the winning clan will receive a large loot bonus. Clan wars are free to start and participate in, and, unlike normal multiplayer battles, clans get to choose if and when they would like to go to war. Clans do not have to participate in clan wars.

What happens to my village during a clan war? Does my village go to war or is it safe?
Your village is always safe from clan war attacks because clan wars are fought in a different area than the regular game: the war zone. In the war zone, players prepare and attack war bases instead of their regular villages. Your village’s resources, trophies and shield are never at risk during a clan war.

Where can I find clan wars?
If you are in a clan, you can access clan wars at any time via the clan wars button on left bottom corner on your screen (the button with two swords crossed). From here, new clan wars can be started by clan leaders and co-leaders, and you can participate in or spectate any clan wars that are in progress. If a clan war is in progress, pressing this button will take you directly to the map of the war zone.

Going to War

How does one start a clan war?
Leaders and co-leaders can take their clan to war by opening the clan war screen and pressing the “Start War” button. This will start the search for an opponent clan, and you will be able to see the size of the clan war you are being matched for (e.g. 15 vs 15). The clan war will start immediately after an opponent clan has been found.

Finding an opponent clan can take several minutes, but there is no need to wait in the clan wars screen. You can close the screen with the red “X” button and you will be notified when an opposing clan has been found.

How do I participate in clan wars?
To participate in a clan war, you must be a part of a clan when a leader or co-leader presses the “Start War” button. If you join the clan after this point, you will become a spectator and will not be able to actively participate in the clan war.

What happens if I leave a clan during a clan war?
After a leader or co-leader presses the “Start War” button, you are free to leave, join other clans and return to the clan to continue participating in the clan war. Your war base will remain in the war map even if you leave, so leaving a clan will not affect an ongoing war.

However, you cannot participate in more than one clan war at a time. If you leave a clan while participating in a clan war, you will not be able to participate in any other clan wars until that previous war has ended. Other players will be able to see that you are still part of an unfinished war by checking your profile. You will be marked as ineligible for war until the previous clan war has concluded.

What are the minimum clan requirements required to go to war?
The only requirement is that a clan must have at least 10 members eligible for war.

What does it mean if I have a clan member who is ineligible for war?
Members who are new to your clan will be ineligible for war if they left their previous clan while a war was in progress. They will become eligible for war again when the previous war is completed. You can check your clan member list to see if any members are ineligible for war, and see when they will be eligible again. If you start the clan war while members are still ineligible, those members will not be able to participate.

What happens if someone in my clan isn’t active in a war?
Inactive members are treated the same as active members in clan wars. They can still be the target of any actions during the war, including receiving donated troops and being attacked by the enemy. Inactive members will still count toward the total team size and their war bases will still appear on the war map. However, inactive members will not use their attacks and will not receive any bonus loot.

Can I cancel a clan war?
Before an opponent clan has been found, you can cancel the search by pressing the “cancel” button. However, after an opponent has been found, the clan war cannot be cancelled. The preparation day begins immediately.

Clan Wars Matchmaking

How are clans matched for a clan war?
Clan wars matchmaking matches clans based on the strength of their members. Unlike multiplayer battles, trophies have no influence in determining your clan wars opponent. After an opposing clan is found, the war immediately starts. There’s no “nexting” in clan wars matchmaking.

How is strength calculated in clan wars?
Strength is based on each member’s attacking power (troops, army camp capacity, spells and heroes) and defensive strength (defense buildings, walls, traps and heroes). Different layouts and base designs do not affect strength. The only way a member’s strength can be changed is if they upgrade their troops, defenses, spells, etc.

Will clans of different sizes be matched for war? That would be unfair.
Both clans will always have the same number of war bases in a clan war. Clan wars matchmaking will only match clans of similar sizes, and a few members (between 1-4 per clan) may be put into spectator mode when the clans are matched to even out team sizes. The members in spectator mode will be those with the lowest trophy count in their clan (or those who are ineligible for war).

10 vs 10 members is the smallest possible team size for a clan war. Other possible team sizes are: 15 vs 15, 20 vs 20, 25 vs 25, 30 vs 30, 35 vs 35, 40 vs 40, 45 vs 45 and 50 vs 50. Clan wars matchmaking will always match your clan into the largest possible clan war.

War: The War Map

Help! I don’t understand this map with all the small town halls on it.
This is a map of the war zone, where clan wars take place. Your clan will always be in the friendly territory on the left side on the map. The enemy clan will always be in the enemy territory on the right side of the map. You can press the arrow button at any time to view the other side of the map.

Every town hall on the war map represents a war base. By tapping a town hall, you can view more information about that player, such as their completed attacks. You can also scout, donate troops, or attack a war base from this menu. The actions you can take will change with each phase of the clan war.

How are war bases ordered in the war map?
The bases are ordered from highest to lowest strength. The highest strength war bases are at the top of the war map. Trophies have no influence on the order of bases.

How is my war base different from my village?
Your war base is very similar to your village, with a few exceptions. Your war base does not generate resources. The clan castle in your war base must be filled separately from the clan castle in your village. War bases never need to have their traps rearmed, defenses reloaded, or heroes healed, as they are always ready for battle. The war base can not be directly upgraded or rearranged, but will instead mimic the arrangement and highest completed upgrade levels of your village during the preparation day. Buildings and traps will never be “under construction” in your war base.

Can I train troops or spells in my War Base?
No. The War Base is only for defense in clan wars. All attacking armies must come from your normal village.

War: Preparation Day (24 hours)

What happens during preparation day?
This is the day when clans prepare their defenses, gather information about, and start making plans against the opposing clan. There are no attacks during preparation day, but it is a crucial time for devising a strategy to win the war!

There are three main activities during preparation day: rearranging your war base, donating reinforcement troops to your clan mates, and scouting enemy war bases.

How do I rearrange my war base?
During preparation day, your war base will automatically rearrange to match your village layout. If you want to rearrange your war base, just rearrange your regular village. Be aware that your war base can not be rearranged after preparation day has ended,

How does Clan Castle troop donation work in clan wars?
The clan castle in your war base is different from the clan castle in your village and must be filled separately. The troops donated to a war base will be used to defend it against all attacks during battle day.

Unlike your regular village, there is no need to request troops for your war base. Instead, all war bases are automatically open for troop donation during preparation day. To donate, simply tap on a clan mate’s war base during preparation day and donate troops directly. Remember, troops cannot be donated to war bases during battle day.

Can I request specific clan castle troops to defend my war base?
Yes. You can write a custom troop request by tapping your war base on the war map and changing the donation request message.

What happens when I scout a war base?
You can freely scout all allied and enemy war bases for the duration of the clan war (and even after the war is over) to view their base layout. Scouting is a crucial tool for clan war strategy, as it allows you to give advice to allies and plan in advance for attacks against the enemy.

War: Battle Day (24 hours)

What happens during battle day?
This is the day when clans attack, start scoring stars and pushing toward victory! War bases cannot be changed during battle day, so victory hinges solely on having superior attacking skill and coordination. Pay close attention to how the war map updates after every attack, and adjust your strategy as needed to try to maximize your clan stars!

There are two main activities you can do during battle day: scout and attack enemy war bases.

How many times I can attack in a clan war?
You can only attack 2 times during battle day, so make each attack count! Use scouting and clan chat to plan your attacks in advance. You can choose any opposing player to attack, but keep in mind that you cannot attack the same target with both attacks.

Who should I attack? What is the recommended target?
The main goal of attacking in a clan war is to earn stars for your clan by earning them in battle. It is important to attack targets that you think you can defeat. If you fail in your attacks, not only will you not earn stars for your clan, but you will also not earn any bonus loot!

During battle day, you will always have a recommended target visible on the war map. The recommended target shows you the closest match for your attack strength based on the defense strength of your opponents. Base layout isn’t taken into consideration, though, nor is your favorite attacking style, so it is a good idea to also check a few bases above it and a few bases below it to see if you can find a target you like better.

Before attacking, it is also a good idea to view replays of your clan’s earlier attacks on that target, if they exist. It might provide you valuable information about traps, defending Clan Castle troops, and the effectiveness of certain attack strategies.

What determines the best attack against a War Base?
The best attack is the one that has scored the most stars against that base. Only that best attack will count towards the clan’s total stars shown at the top of the war map.

Do I need to build an army to attack in a clan war?
Yes. Your attacking army must be trained and prepared in your village just like you’d do for a normal multiplayer attack. It is up to you if you would rather find a good target for your regular army composition, or if you would instead train an unusual army to take out a specific base with a certain weakness. One thing is for certain, however: there are no second chances. Remember to check that your Heroes are awake, that your spells are ready and that you have your Clan Castle full before using one of your precious clan war attacks.

How can I view attack replays?
The best attack performed against an allied or enemy War Base can be viewed via the replay button shown when you tap a town hall in the war map. The button will not be shown if there has not yet been an attack performed against that War Base.

In addition, every attack made by every participant in the war can be reviewed and replayed by pressing the the blue and white star button shown near the top of the screen, and selecting the War Events tab.

Do I lose my shield if I attack in clan war?
No, you don’t lose your shield. Consider it as if you’d attack a single player village.

Does an active shield protect me in a clan war?
No, your War Base can be attacked even if you have an active shield. A shield only protects your village from multiplayer attacks.

What happens to defending Clan Castle troops that are defeated in a war attack?
After a war attack is over, the defending Clan Castle troops that were defeated are automatically replenished. This means that the same Clan Castle troops will defend a War Base against every war attack.

Do I have to re-arm traps, heal Heroes and reload Infernos and X-Bows after my war base is attacked?
No, everything will recharge automatically. No matter how many times the enemy clan attacks your war base, its traps will always be armed, its Heroes will be ready, and its Inferno Towers and X-Bows will be fully loaded.

Winning Clan Wars

How is the winning clan determined?
The winner will be determined by the total stars earned by the clan, which is always on display at the top of the war map during the battle day. To win a clan war, your clan must earn more stars than the opponent clan by the time the battle day ends.

How do I earn stars for my clan?
The stars you earn in battle are also earned by your clan. Stars in war work the same way as in multiplayer matches: 1 star if you destroy a Town Hall, 1 star if you destroy at least 50% of the buildings in a base and 1 star if you destroy 100%.

However, it is important to keep in mind that only the best attack against each enemy War Base counts. If someone has already earned 2 stars on an enemy base, you will have to earn a perfect 3 stars against that same base to score one additional star for your clan. This means that, for your clan to score maximum stars, you should try to earn 3 stars from as many different enemy War Bases as you can. Often times, it is a better strategy to attack War Bases that have not yet been defeated than to try to improve a previous best attack!

What is the maximum amount of stars a clan can score in a clan war?
Every enemy war base can be 3-starred, so the maximum amount of stars that your clan can earn is 3 times the number of enemy War Bases (e.g. maximum 45 stars for a 15 vs 15 clan war).

What happens if our clan wins the clan war?
Aside from the glory of victory, every participating member of the winning clan will immediately be awarded the full bonus loot they accrued from their victorious attacks. In addition, the clan will earn a shiny new point in its “Wars won” stat, visible from the clan description.

What happens if our clan loses the clan war?
Aside from the shame of defeat, members of the losing clan will suffer a stiff penalty to their bonus loot. Losing members will still be awarded their earned bonus loot, but it will be heavily reduced.

Can the clans tie in a clan war?
Yes, a draw is possible if both clans have the earned the same number of stars when the battle day ends. Both clans’ members will be awarded their bonus loot, but at a penalty. The penalty is not as heavy as if the clan loses, but it is still much less than if the clan would have won.

Clan wars bonus loot

What is the war win bonus?
The war win bonus is loot that you will earn if your clan wins the war. You can increase this bonus by attacking and defeating enemy War Bases (the number of stars won does not matter). Be careful, because if you fail an attack against an enemy War Base, your war win bonus will not increase!

Your current war win bonus is always shown in the top left corner of the war map.

Do I still get any bonus if our clan does not win the war?
Yes, you will still earn a small percentage of your war win bonus even if your clan loses, or the war ends in a draw.

Do my clanmates benefit from my war win bonus? Can they help me increase it?
No. Your war win bonus is completely your own and reflects your performance in the war. It is yours and only yours to keep if your clan wins the war. Only you can increase the bonus by winning your own attacks in the war.

How are war win bonus amounts calculated?
Different bases are worth different amounts of bonus loot. The higher the defensive strength of the War Base, the more bonus loot it is worth, though the bonus is reduced if the base is many town hall levels below your own. You can see the amount of bonus loot an enemy War Base is worth by tapping on it in the war map during battle day.

What about the resources I loot from storages during a war attack?
There is always a small amount of resources available in the storages of enemy War Bases. This loot is delivered to your storages immediately, just like with any other multiplayer attack. However, the amount of loot in these storages is fixed, and will always be much lower than the war win bonus. If you want to maximize your loot, winning your attacks and winning the war the best way!

Do I lose resources if someone attacks me in clan wars?
No, you don’t lose your resources. The loot that is available to enemies in your War Base doesn’t come from your village, so your resources are safe.

Where does my bonus loot go when the war is over?
Bonus war loot is stored in your Clan Castle. It’s safer there than in regular storages, but remember to collect it regularly, because your Clan Castle can only hold a limited amount war loot.

Finished wars

Can I view clan wars after they have ended?
Yes! The entire war map and all battle replays will be available for a time after the war ends. SImply tap “View map” in the war results screen to review how you, your allies and your enemies did during the last war.

You can see even older wars by tapping the “War log” that is next to the clan description. The war log will show a history of the clan’s past clan wars, and their resulting scores. Recent clan wars can also be browsed in-depth by tapping the “Details” button, though after a time these details will become unavailable.

What happens if a war ends when the server goes into maintenance?
Wars will pause when the server goes into maintenance. Preparation and battle days will be extended by the amount of time the server is under maintenance.

How do I start a new clan war once one has ended?
Leaders and co-leaders can take the clan to war again from the war results screen.

Please re-invite me to the clan. Got kicked a month ago for being inactive even though I was building my village.

ID: NightxHawk_
Trophies: 1236

Thanks.

How's the Clan going? Have you tried any wars

We've done 3 so far. Won the first , but lost the last 2. Most recent one was some Chinese clan..they only failed about 3-4 of their attacks!

How's the Clan going? Have you tried any wars

We've done 3 so far. Won the first , but lost the last 2. Most recent one was some Chinese clan..they only failed about 3-4 of their attacks!

We won our first 3 wars but just lost the fourth to a Chinese clan. Seems whoever attacks the most wins.

Sorry about the kick nighthawk. We can't memorise every village so we rely on donation counts (both given and received), whether you have a league badge and whether you've been seen in chat in order to determine activity. Players are not generally kicked unless they have appeared to be inactive for 2 or 3 seasons (i.e. 4-6 weeks) and are always welcome back if they become active again, or indeed have only appeared to be inactive.

The grace period often depends on how full the clan is. I believe that we were full when you were kicked so we were making space for more active players.

Update today :-

War Base layout and War Base Edit Mode!

✔ Been wanting to keep a separate layout for your War Base? Now you can!

✔ Your War Base layout now has a life of its own and will persist from war to war without the need to touch your regular village.

✔ War Base Edit Mode is available on the Clan War map during preparation day only. Layouts are still locked during battle day.

✔ Upgrades in your village are still automatically applied to your War Base, but remember to place any new buildings into your War Base layout!

✔ Even if you're upgrading your Inferno Tower or X-Bow in your village, you can toggle between different modes in your War Base.

Clan Wars stats improvements!

✔ All new War Stats tab shows lots of new cool war statistics. Find it under the blue star button after battle day begins.

✔ Most heroic victory and most heroic defense replays for each team are featured in the War Stats!

✔ Improved Clan war info pages under the blue star button are now outfitted with war related stats instead of general clan stats.

✔ See information about total war attacks, defenses and war stars won per member in these Clan war info pages.

Clan Wars feature improvements!

✔ Dismiss donated troops from your War Base Clan Castle if they don't meet your standards!

✔ See in the clan chat when a leader or co-leader starts or cancels a Clan War matchmaking.

✔ Each base on the war map is now numbered to help you find bases easier.

✔ The ! notification icon on the war button will appear only once per war during preparation (instead of every session).

Interface improvements

✔ Russian language is now supported in game settings!

✔ Fixed a display bug in spell factory capacity when scouting in war.

✔ A notification will appear in clan chat if Clan War matchmaking fails to find an opponent.

✔ Village edit mode available at Town Hall 3 (previously was 4).

✔ "Request/Full" texts are visible on the clan castle even while under upgrade.

✔ Improved the start war screen button layout and behavior.

Separating war bases is exactly what was needed!

Town hall 10 has killed the game for me. Takes ages to find opponents, with barely any loot

Have to say SC are not having a good time at the moment.
Builder lag, and ghost attacks on clan wars and now an exploit has allowed players to use their gems repeatedly which meant some have upgraded to flat out in just several hours.
Add the fact it's now many weeks if you require customer support, it's not looking good for them.

You kind of you lose faith in the end sadly.

Hello All, thekingkay here. But as we are all friends here you may call me kingkay.

I have been asked to assist provide leadership for our Clan Wars Battle. So I have constructed Commandants and War Strategy. And the Spartan Index.

Five Commandants that must be followed during Clan Wars.

(1) Every player should aim to achieve 3 stars within their two attacks

(2) Protect your Town Hall and Clan Castle

(3) Concentrate only on collecting Stars {Eat, Drink and Sleep Stars}

War Strategy

Below is the AVForum War Strategy Guide Book, to achieve lots of Victories, and more importantly lots of Loot, within our Clan Wars. We’ve been battling against rival clans in Clan Wars for around a month now, and after talking to several of the clan members I think that we’ve picked up a few pointers along the way.

1. Defence and Attack

Defence, Defence, Defence

Winning in Clan Wars is all about which side finishes with the most stars, so your primary focus should be to defend your Town Hall at all costs. Even if an enemy wipes out every building BUT your Town Hall they will only get one out of three possible stars, meaning a strong defense is crucial. Your second priority should be to protect your castle. Leaving it unprotected will allow attackers to draw out your castle troops to destroy them before commencing with the full attack. By placing your castle near the middle of the base, your castle troops can come out later in the battle to defend your Town Hall against a weakened enemy.

Attack, Attack, Attack

Once Preparation Day has ended, we want to see you attack, attack, attack. This is plenty of time to carefully choose an opponent using the ‘scout’ feature. Use this to your advantage to come up with the best possible plan of attack. If you choose an opponent who has already been attacked by another member of your clan, make sure to watch the replay first. You may pick up valuable information including what castle troops to expect, as well as the location of traps. Additionally you can watch a perspective opponent battle to see what troops come out of his clan castle which should prevent unexpected surprises. Statistically all we need to do to win every clan war is three star the bottom 25 players. So if we ignore the rival clans best players and each member of AVForum aim to collect three stars from an opponent with their attack we win our clan wars battles EVERY single time. My empirical analysis is irrefutable. What this would require is active clan members and everyone achieving a minimum of three stars from every clan war.

2. Only high ranking members should donate

To ensure victory in Clan Wars you’ll need all the help you can get, meaning only the very best troops will do. It’s common sense that your fellow clan members will stand a much better chance with high level wizards or witches as opposed to say, level 1 barbarians. This may leave some lower level players feeling excluded, but by donating they are potentially doing more harm than good. BUT everyone can still donate as usual during regular play. There is some debate about what is the best troops to donate during clan wars, divided between wizards, witches, minion and dragons? Let us know what you prefer and we will ensure you get what you want.

3. Create a Mighty Army

As I suggested early we need to eat, drink and sleep stars. So you need to create a specific army that will help you collect three stars during clan wars. I personally suggest create a custom army specifically designed for clan wars and then select an opponent or base that you feel your army can easily destroy (exploiting their strengths and weaknesses). If your enemy has high level walls for example, you might want to bring along a few extra wall breakers. Or if your opponent has particularly weak air defense then it would be a good time to stock up on flying troops. Some of a top players prefer all dragon attacks while others prefer all hog attack, decide what style is best for you and then prefect that style (this will assist you becoming a Spartan – see below). But don’t forget to bring a few weaker troops along too for springing traps, creating decoys and taking out Barbarian Kings and Queen Archers become commencing your raids.

4. Take Care of your enemies clan castle troops

I think we all know the importance of taking out the Barbarian Kings and Queen Archers but after reviewing many of our replay battles I feel we are neglecting the opponents clan castle. If your opponents clan castle is central then drop a few weaker troops nearby at the start of the battle to clear out the castle. This will allow you to see what you are up against and react accordingly. It will also provide an opportunity to engage the defending troops on the edge of town, away from defenses and distractions. Your opponent will likely have particularly strong castle troops during Clan Wars, just like we do. Therefore it’s vital to eliminate them as soon as possible, just as it is crucial to protect your own castle for the same reason. A good strategy against castle clan troops can be to lead with ‘tanking’ troops like giants, followed up by some ranged troops to rain fiery death on the defenders.

5. Eat, Drink and Sleep Stars

clip_image002.jpg

You’ll get one star for knocking out a Town Hall, another for destroying 50% of a base, and a third star for wiping it out completely. Keep this in mind when searching for a target, and if you don’t think you can get two or three stars then it’s probably best to move on to someone else. Do not deliberately try to get only ONE STAR.

You won’t get any bonus loot at all if you fail to get a single star, so there is no point in getting cocky and attacking an opponent that is out of your league. At the same time, it’s important not to attack an enemy that is too far below your level. Don’t waste your attacks on an opponent that a lower level player could have defeated.

Snipering is a problem that we have, which is lower level player attacking higher level players, but I personally feel if you can obtain three stars in your first attack then (within reason) do what you like in your second attack.

Your number one goal should be to help your clan win the war by getting as many stars as possible. But if your clan is clearly about to win and don’t need any more stars, and you have help towards this victory THEN do what you want to get the highest possible loot bonus. If the rival clan’s top player has left their Town Hall out in the open–however unlikely that may be–capitalize on this oversight to get a huge bonus. You can even do this if a member of your clan has already earned three stars against them, but just make sure you only do this once victory is absolutely certain. Your fellow clan members and LEADER would be rightly annoyed if the war was lost as a result of your personal greed.

Finally, this clan and our clan war battles are ALL ABOUT HAVING FUN. This is why this clan is sooo great and why I am addicted to this game. I haven’t forgotten that and neither should any of you. So please at all times have fun (within the constraints of the legal system)

But the reason I have spent so much time creating these rules/ guidelines is because, its also more fun when we (you) are winning.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom