• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Clarkson Stunt Backfires

y2k

Well it was a stupid idea with the amount of scammers there are about these days, and I couldnt see any bank giving him any money he looses back as its his own fault.

mjn

Distinguished Member

Achy

Surely the Direct Debit guarantee means he could get his money back if he wanted to ?

Bank details account number and sort code are on every cheque you send out.... if it was that risky to let people know these details surely everyone should stop sending cheques to people you don't know :confused:

benbert

Bank details account number and sort code are on every cheque you send out.... if it was that risky to let people know these details surely everyone should stop sending cheques to people you don't know :confused:

I though this to...

The Dude

Distinguished Member
Surely the Direct Debit guarantee means he could get his money back if he wanted to ?

Don't let minor details like that stop you from living your life in perpetual fear. ;)

Those same details are also on most bank cards too, if you've ever lost your wallet, you'll need to be opening a whole new set of bank accounts then. :devil:

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I suppose Clarkson should be grateful that someone only set-up a DD to donate £500 to charity, and not empty his bank account, into a nice little Swiss account, owned by someone less scrupulous! :lesson:

However, anyone publishing their bank's sort-code and account number in a paper read by about 3 million people a day, and with details on how to get hold of your address as well, is probably going to find such a stunt back-fire sooner or later.

Who's to say that someone hasn't applied for credit cards, loans or whatever, in his name, as well?! :eek:

Pooch

avinitski

he really is a idiot!

i hope he doesnt think about reporting this to the police, it would be a real waste of resources, i dont even think they would spend two minutes on it anyway, totally his own fault.

i congratulate the person that did this!

sorry mod, amazed that word isnt allowed. PC gone mad in the forums!

D

Deleted member 30535

funny:D
not that he would care as he is a multi-millionaire dozens of times over

I doubt a multi-millionaire would be checking his own bank statement on a Sunday: one would expect him to have advisers doing all that sort of stuff. :rolleyes:

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
I doubt a multi-millionaire would be checking his own bank statement on a Sunday: one would expect him to have advisers doing all that sort of stuff. :rolleyes:

If I were a multi-millionaire I would be checking my bank account every 5 minutes just to look at it in awe!

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
he really is a idiot!

i hope he doesnt think about reporting this to the police, it would be a real waste of resources, i dont even think they would spend two minutes on it anyway, totally his own fault.

i congratulate the person that did this!
A idiot who some appear to see as a role model:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom