CLARKE TECH 5000 COMBO PLUS SAT vs TECHNOMATE TM 6900 SUPER COMBO HD

olivier74

Standard Member
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me the difference between these two?
CLARKE TECH 5000 COMBO PLUS
TECHNOMATE TM 6900 SUPER COMBO HD

If you look on the net for their specs, they actually come wi the same, even the same sort of typo!!! ( repeating:Software & channel list upgrade via RS-232C: PC to STB, STB to PC, STB-STB and USB)

They are about the same price also.

Are they just assembled by the same third party?

thanks

The only differences I detect are the fact that until now I had never heard of the Clarke, the appearance, and the further fact that the Techno is readily available in the UK but as far as I know there is no supplier for the Clarke.

It's well known that Clarke-Tech are a "me too" of the Technomate receivers (I deliberately avoided using the word "clone" because I assume it's an amicable rather than an unofficial arrangement). For many models in the Technomate range you will find a Clarke equivalent.

I guess the big difference is that Technomate is a recognised brand in the UK, Clarke is a recognised brand in Germany. But you can buy Clarke through some UK retailers.

As far as I know (but check elsewhere as I don't own either) they don't ship with the same firmware but can be upgraded to the same firmware. They are that similar (though they do strive to look different).

Tip: If you buy a Technomate (maybe makes sense as better supported in the UK) then look on the Clarke website for PC tools to use with it.

Last edited:
I have a Clarke HD 5000 usb combo for just over a year now I thought it looked better that the tm and it has been no bother, I think both are well supported I got mine from Southern satellite.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom