Clarification Required?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by charles, Jan 29, 2001.

1. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    Spectre,
    I have noticed various people(in their own way..)either touting for business OR/AND selling products...is this allowed?

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,568
    ...in the DVD movies forum, yes. Otherwise, no. But what constitues an advert and what constitues a generally useful pointer to bargains from a retailer? It's not always black and white. HC Dude, for example, has just carefully posted a marketing type question after letting me know the circumstances surround his post.

3. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I think if people/ dealers are good enough to give thier time and knowlege to us mere mortals then they are going to get some buisness , and good luck to them. Its people like them who make the forums interesting and a constant source of good and reliable information.

4. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +334
    I personally have no problems with dealers contributing to the boards, as long as they're not just hanging round waiting to sell stuff to individuals. From what I've seen so far, most of the "professionals" have offered lots of useful advice.
    For us "amateurs", it's a good way to get free advice quickly. For the pros its a good way to build up their reputation. I'm in the position of going to visit a dealer that I've seen on newsgroups and discussion boards for about 2 years. Part of the reason for picking this dealer is because of what he has contributed. Also, over those two years I haven't heard a single complaint on the newsgroups about them.

Cheers,
    Liam

------------------
    "Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability."