Clarification of Plasma connectivity for Newbie

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Justhe1, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Justhe1

Justhe1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I have been reading the various threads regarding plasma choice and methods of connectivity with interest as I am in the middle of doing up the front room and have the go ahead from she who shall be obeyed to purchase myself, sorry us a plasma with a view to mounting it above the new fireplace.

After using this forum as a great source of info and after much debate I have decided on the Panny TH-42PWD6 in silver. :)

I just wanted clarification (in leymans turns please!) on a couple of points:

1) I will have sky+, a Poineer 575D DVD player, and occaisionally a PS2 to connect to the Plasma. I have a Sony STB1070 digital amp that looks like it will switch sources and has svideo in/out.

What board/s will i need to connect the above to gain best picture, and does the Panny come with a scart as standard?

2) What is the most cost effective/quality tilting wall mount to purchase?

3) Do those of you who have their screen mounted above a gas fireplace have any issues with either viewing angle (sore neck!) or heat issues from the fire?

4) Where do I purchase a test DVD to calibrate the screen?

5) And finally, where would the best place be to buy the screen c/w wall mount and appropriatte board/s for the best price/service??

Sorry for all the questions, esp as I know they have kinda been asked before, its just that I'm struggling to make sense of it all and really want to order the correct items ASAP and fit next w/end if poss.

Thanks in advance

Justin

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
  3. Justhe1

Justhe1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thanks pjclark1 for the above link, the deed is done - Couldn't wait any longer - have just ordered the panny (c/w scart connection) together with the poineer DV-575A DVD player.

Should be with me on Saturday :clap:

Now I just need to sort out the wall mount unit, leads and cable routing :confused:

I take it I'll need another connection board to plug both the sky and the DVD in??

Haven't been this excited since erm, I can't remember :thumbsup:

J

4. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271