Clarification for going from premium to elite

SeattleStokie

I've just got back home with my Elite. From reading the forums regarding migrating from premium to elite, I believe I need to do the following:

1. Send off the migration kit form (or call Xbox support to request one)
2. Set up the elite
3. Recover gamertag on the elite
4. Use the 20Gb drive from my premium on the elite until kit arrives
5. When the kit arrives from MS, transfer everything from old drive to new drive.
6. Possibly re-download XBLA games on new drive so that I can play offline

Does this sound a reasonable set of steps? .. anything I've missed or listed in the wrong order (eg do I add the 20Gb drive to the elite before or after recovering the gamertag?)

Thanks

SCL411

Yes, all except 6 that you find it almost impossible to achieve. Official MS policy is "No points refund for Elite upgraders". That`s straight from the horse`s mouth.

m1ket

I've just got back home with my Elite. From reading the forums regarding migrating from premium to elite, I believe I need to do the following:

1. Send off the migration kit form (or call Xbox support to request one)
2. Set up the elite
3. Recover gamertag on the elite
4. Use the 20Gb drive from my premium on the elite until kit arrives
5. When the kit arrives from MS, transfer everything from old drive to new drive.
6. Possibly re-download XBLA games on new drive so that I can play offline

Does this sound a reasonable set of steps? .. anything I've missed or listed in the wrong order (eg do I add the 20Gb drive to the elite before or after recovering the gamertag?)

Thanks

You shouldnt have to recover your gamertag just select it off your HDD

Benjero

Banned
I would have thought if you recover your gamertag you will be able to redownload the live arcade games you have previously purchased. Thats what I did when I migrated.
All of the ones I had previously were available for me to redownload when I went into live on the new unit.

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Just to clarify - does the migration kit not transfer the Arcade games to allow offline play on the 120GB HDD? If not, I don't see the point of the migration kit at all.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot about game saves, that would be useful I guess!

Just to clarify - does the migration kit not transfer the Arcade games to allow offline play on the 120GB HDD?

It transfers the Arcade games, although as they are still linked to your original 360 you can only play them once you've logged into live to verify your right to access the games.

You'll also find that if you had more than one account on your original 360, then only the person who originaly purchased the XBL content will be able to access it on the Elite.

Saying that, if you're prepared to put in the effort and spend a while on the phone hassling Microsoft you might be able to pursuade them to refund your MS Points to a temporary Gamertag account, allowing you to download the content again and have it associated with the Elite and any Gamertags on the elite.

Bit of a pain really, It put me off changing my 14 month old trouble free 360 for an Elite, I'll just pick up the larger HD When/If the Euro video marketplace ever opens.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom