Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
BE36EB31-11B5-4D20-8835-CB9AE249A1A6.jpeg

:clap: I hope they were listening...
The response here was amazing. :thumbsup:

Considering such a quiet estate there were plenty out, great to hear!

Yeah whole street out here, could also hear lots more people clapping in tbe distance ❤👍

Yeah it was a real moment. Very successful to by the sounds of it.

Even had fireworks going off by ours.

Didn't know about this until it actually happened. A little surreal wondering what the hell was going on but nice gesture.

Well for those that joined in, a friend who works in ICU said they heard it last night and it made her cry (obviously in a good way) :)

Lovely video ........ made my day :clap::clap:

This kind of thing is soooo lovely. I'm a cynical sod at the best of times, and those few doing this stuff for social media 'likes' are somewhat depressing. Regardless, this is such a great gesture and I very much hope that, once this has passed, there will be a new national day to celebrate those amongst us that really count.

Be nice to take the focus off the greedy and selfish for once. Many of the repulsive, six-figure salary types who earn that by being ruthless and treating people like crap. Let's hope there's less tolerance for them...

Last edited:
I posted this elsewhere:

These pricks out 'doing their bit' clapping like idiots on the doorstep. Then off gallivanting around day after day after day, adding to the inevitable burden of the NHS no doubt.

I show my appreciation by doing what I'm told.

So, I'm in two minds about this. Especially when everyone seems to get together after to 'big up' their appreciation of the NHS.

I posted this elsewhere:

These pricks out 'doing their bit' clapping like idiots on the doorstep. Then off gallivanting around day after day after day, adding to the inevitable burden of the NHS no doubt.

I show my appreciation by doing what I'm told.

So, I'm in two minds about this. Especially when everyone seems to get together after to 'big up' their appreciation of the NHS.

Not everyone gets together, not at all. As per usual there is a small vocal minority who can’t seem to be sensible about this. Don’t let them spoil it for everyone else.

There is no obligation to join in. It’s entirely your choice. We do join in, especially as there are a few NHS workers in our road. We stay sensibly at the end of our driveway and direct it towards our neighbours.

I think we need to include all the other essential workers as well, supermarket staff, factory staff, delivery drivers etc.

I think we need to include all the other essential workers as well, supermarket staff, factory staff, delivery drivers etc.

At Christmas we tip everybody. Bin men, Postie' gardeners, window cleaners. Usually a tenner, but I said to the Mrs earlier they'll be getting double this year... I'll be doubling up on the tins of sweets for the hospital staff as well :)

Not everyone gets together, not at all. As per usual there is a small vocal minority who can’t seem to be sensible about this. Don’t let them spoil it for everyone else.

There is no obligation to join in. It’s entirely your choice. We do join in, especially as there are a few NHS workers in our road. We stay sensibly at the end of our driveway and direct it towards our neighbours.
It sounds like Ste7en's morons would be congregating somewhere whether or not there was a Thursday night clap, plenty of people are managing to do it sensibly while maintaining social distancing.

It sounds like Ste7en's morons would be congregating somewhere whether or not there was a Thursday night clap, plenty of people are managing to do it sensibly while maintaining social distancing.
Indeed. All around the world, including the U.K., people manage to do this perfectly safely.

Oh, I'm sure they would be. These are the ones who have barely changed their habits since the lockdown began. In and out all day, people visiting. They are renowned for being dicks though. When we first moved in the retired policeman in the cul-de-sac I get on with said "Don't take anything personally. They just don't know how to behave".

Last edited:
I'd love if this clap could be extended past the NHS/Carers and towards essential workers who are keeping the country running. Hearing the passing away for example of bus drivers is really sad.

Lest we forget...

The newspaper is a joke.

The fact they suggested to sack all the junior doctors that struck showcases how pathetic and stupid the newspaper is. If the government had done that, the NHS and the healthcare system would now be dead.

Junior doctors were not the ones who'd just qualified from medical school. It encompassed every doctor from F1, F2, CMT, SHO, GPST, Surgical trainee, psychiatric trainee, Surgical registrar, medical registrar, radiology regs etc.

It really scares me how the media can have such strong and dangerous opinions so easily circulated.

Yeah the news papers 😕
The likes of the sun and daily mail constantly going on about supporting our great NHS.....the same papers that a few months ago were calling on striking junior doctors to be sacked...and that anyone daring to suggest taxing the well heeled a few extra quid to fund the NHS was a Marxist commie 🙄

Wouldn't wipe my backside with them.......even with a toilet roll shortage on 😉

Rather than clapping, people should show their appreciation at the ballots, I find it quite sad when Tory voters clap for the NHS with the same hands they use to put a tick in the box for a party that does not care the slightest about them. The Conservative party clapped in parliament when the voted to freeze the pay of public sector workers, don't ever forget that.

I support the NHS, and all key workers, and am happy to clap for them. My other half is not earning a living wage as a carer, they have a severe lack of PPE amongst other things.

Maybe next time, think about those less fortunate who have consistently been ignored, and had their pay frozen by MP's who have just had a pay rise and £10k to support working from home.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom