Claim 50% Cashback on this Q-Symphony Soundbar when bought with any 2021 Samsung TV

Frank Smith

Established Member
Reaction score
For the Q950A, both Samsung and Currys have the offer on the website. I've read the T&Cs and there seems to be something implying that you can't take the TV back but not explicitly ruling it out. I know there was a similar deal with Currys and some people here were buying a TV frame for around £30 and then taking it back to claim a discount on the soundbar. My question for this thread is do you reckon I can do the same thing with this deal?

Currys
Samsung

I think they may have tightened it up. It is for eligible TVs so maybe buy the sound bar online from Currys and add the frame and start the checkout process. If it discounts it will be before the credit card details are entered I’m sure.

I have just done this and purchased a 2021 32" Samsung TV for £279 and a HW-Q900A soundbar. With the refund the total cost to me is just £753...

I have just done this and purchased a 2021 32" Samsung TV for £279 and a HW-Q900A soundbar. With the refund the total cost to me is just £753...
How long did it take to get the refund and did you take back the TV?

I have only about to receive both items and make a claim. I have done a cashback before with Samsung and the process did not take long. I read in one of the long threads, of one of Samsung's soundbars, someone has done the same as me. This is what spurred me on to also do this, unfortunately though I can't remember which one as I've read many...

I have only about to receive both items and make a claim. I have done a cashback before with Samsung and the process did not take long. I read in one of the long threads, of one of Samsung's soundbars, someone has done the same as me. This is what spurred me on to also do this, unfortunately though I can't remember which one as I've read many...
Thanks. Which website did you use?

A an other question I have on this is some of the TV's listed on Samsung's website are not showing up with the offer. Richer Sounds and John Lewis for example with the UE32T5300 for example. Called John Lewis up and it seems like they are no longer putting you through to specific stores but instead an Indian call centre who didn't have a clue.

Can you guys help me in case I am missing something. In seems like this offer is claimed through Samsung and all they do is qualify the purchase through the retailer.

• Here is a list of the Samsung televisions on John Lewis. Not all of them show the offer.
  • Here is list of the qualifying televisions on the Samsung website.
  • The UE24N4300 doesn't show on John Lewis as being eligible for the offer.
  • But it shows on the Samsung list as being eligible.
I just want to know if I buy that TV from John Lewis, will I be eligible for the discount?

With all of the sites I went to I agree that the TV's Samsung show as being eligible are not often shown as such on those websites. This is not Samsung's error but the retailer's. To be safe I purchased an eligible TV shown on a retailers site as being eligible, which was this one Samsung UE32T5300CKXXU 32`` Full HD Smart TV

I cannot see where Samsung state the UE24N4300 is a qualifying product. Is it a 2021 TV?

Last edited:
With all of the sites I went to I agree that the TV's Samsung show as being eligible are not often shown as such on those websites. This is not Samsung's error but the retailer's. To be safe I purchased an eligible TV shown on a retailers site as being eligible, which was this one Samsung UE32T5300CKXXU 32`` Full HD Smart TV

I cannot see where Samsung state the UE24N4300 is a qualifying product. Is it a 2021 TV?
I looked on their terms and the listed products that are eligible for the deal. Link below.

Samsung Promotions

The UE24N4300 is listed and is £169 on the John Lewis website. I called up Samsung support and they said it's part of the offer. Something tells me it sounds a bit too good to be true. The main issue I have is, in order to claim, you must provide the serial number for the product and I believe the only way to get it is by opening the box which will then invalidate any return. So, if it turns out it's simply a mistake on the part of Samsung/John Lewis for listing it as part of the offer, I'll be stuck with an expensive bundle I can't afford.

Serial numbers are usually on the box, I'll check this pm as I have the rear speaker add on for the soundbar arriving.
Strange that Samsung state the 24" is part of the deal when the link I posted to doesn't state it, the one I've ordered does Buy 2020 T5300 FHD Smart TV 32" | Free Delivery | Samsung UK

John Lewis CS:
Hi, I'm Lisa, please give me a moment to read your query.
Riaz (22/09/2021, 14:07:28): Hi Lisa
Lisa (22/09/2021, 14:07:44): Hi Riaz, how can I help you today?
Riaz (22/09/2021, 14:08:33): this tv: Product code: 82411103
It appears on Samsung's site that it should be part of the 50% soundbar promotion
Riaz (22/09/2021, 14:08:44): but it isn't listed as such on your site
Lisa (22/09/2021, 14:09:12): Let me check for you : )
Riaz (22/09/2021, 14:09:39): thank you. As an example, this one is listed as part of the promo: Product code: 82424202
Lisa (22/09/2021, 14:11:18): Yes it looks like it i part of that offer yes and we havent put the link up for the offer sorry, Thank you for pointing that out I will pass it on to the online team
Riaz (22/09/2021, 14:11:31): great, thank you.

Same TV in Argos has the 50% promotion as well: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9429132?cmpid=gg05x&&_$ja=tsid:11675|acid:790-190-9882|cid:11549396053|agid:112532294357|tid:aud-734784713267:dsa-441574471437|crid:481010471220|nw:g|rnd:15294718427824011171|dvc:c|adp:|mt:b|loc:9045965&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=11549396053&utm_term=&utm_content=text&utm_custom1=112532294357&utm_custom2=790-190-9882&cmpid=GG05X&gclid=CjwKCAjwy7CKBhBMEiwA0Eb7agbgPg7xlF91gWTLpreTiunLiUwk8qERVsnSJxy2T0kQY3XX6e9M9BoCRTMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Oh, and the model is listed here: Samsung Promotions

Boxes will need to be opened:

You have both your new TV and Soundbar's serial numbers ready to upload. To find your TV's serial number, either open the Settings menu > select Support > select About This TV. Or, check the label on the back panel of your TV. Please note: we can only accept a picture of the TV's serial number from the device itself, not from its packaging. Find your Soundbar's serial number printed on a sticker on the back of the device.

I've gone for it.. I'll kick a fuss with JL based on above transcript if the promo doesn't work.

Last edited:
Same TV in Argos has the 50% promotion as well: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9429132?cmpid=gg05x&&_$ja=tsid:11675|acid:790-190-9882|cid:11549396053|agid:112532294357|tid:aud-734784713267:dsa-441574471437|crid:481010471220|nw:g|rnd:15294718427824011171|dvc:c|adp:|mt:b|loc:9045965&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=11549396053&utm_term=&utm_content=text&utm_custom1=112532294357&utm_custom2=790-190-9882&cmpid=GG05X&gclid=CjwKCAjwy7CKBhBMEiwA0Eb7agbgPg7xlF91gWTLpreTiunLiUwk8qERVsnSJxy2T0kQY3XX6e9M9BoCRTMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Oh, and the model is listed here: Samsung Promotions

Boxes will need to be opened:

You have both your new TV and Soundbar's serial numbers ready to upload. To find your TV's serial number, either open the Settings menu > select Support > select About This TV. Or, check the label on the back panel of your TV. Please note: we can only accept a picture of the TV's serial number from the device itself, not from its packaging. Find your Soundbar's serial number printed on a sticker on the back of the device.

I've gone for it.. I'll kick a fuss with JL based on above transcript if the promo doesn't work.
Let's get in there boys! And kick up a mighty fuss if they don't let us go ahead with it.

One thing I didn't add was the product numbers are slightly different on the John Lewis website and the Samsung website

UE24N4300AKUXXU - John Lewis
UE24N4300AKXXU - Samsung

When I called Samsung, they were actually quite helpful. The agent couldn't find the John Lewis product (as exactly as it's written) and when we searched it Google, it was only the John Lewis result that showed. He agreed with my theory that it was a typo but said it's also worth double checking with John Lewis themselves. First person I spoke to knew what I was talking about and flagged the error with the website people to check. He then passed me on to another department to confirm the code, and they then passed me to another to do the same and they both were useless so have just assumed it was an error.

Big thanks to @cuke2u for responding to this thread initially as it gave me the confidence to to get this soundbar.

No problem, I'm glad we got you all sorted and hope you enjoy your purchase.
If it's any help I purchased these rear speaker stands Amazon product ASIN B07S646XYL and a couple of right angled figure of eight 3m mains cables as the ones supplied aren't long enough for my setup...

No problem, I'm glad we got you all sorted and hope you enjoy your purchase.
If it's any help I purchased these rear speaker stands Amazon product ASIN B07S646XYL and a couple of right angled figure of eight 3m mains cables as the ones supplied aren't long enough for my setup...
I was taking a look at those myself. Initially I was planning on doing a whole thing to get the rears in place; getting them wall mounted and fitting new shelves etc. I'm going to skip that and probably just get these for one corner and I just ordered a standing shelf for the other (so the kids don't knock it over

I was taking a look at those myself. Initially I was planning on doing a whole thing to get the rears in place; getting them wall mounted and fitting new shelves etc. I'm going to skip that and probably just get these for one corner and I just ordered a standing shelf for the other (so the kids don't knock it over
I'm sure you've researched this but he rears should be level with your ears and at a distance that is similar to what your soundbar should be so the upward rear speakers deflect correctly off the ceiling...

I'm sure you've researched this but he rears should be level with your ears and at a distance that is similar to what your soundbar should be so the upward rear speakers deflect correctly off the ceiling...
Unfortunately I have a small living room and the sofa is back against the wall. The rear speakers will be about a meter or so away to the side of my seeing position where as the soundbar will be about 2 metres.

That's ok, you might have to adjust the rear volume as they are closer but a room is what it is. Fortunately ours is large enough but my rear speaker upgrade, despite making the system 11.1.4, as the soundbar is 7.1.2 and rears 2.0.2, lack just the side firing speakers. But I don't think I'll miss much.
Let us know how you get on, your setup etc. I'm always interested in other people's experiences.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom