• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cl600

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
Anybody ever owned one of these?

There are loads around - 7 years old, 60k miles for around 15k.

That seems a bargain for a car that was originally 100k+ and has every conceivable option as standard.

Steve.J.Davies

never. but they are known for shedding value at a huge rate. as long as nothing big goes wrong its one heck or a lot of car for the money. fuel costs may be factor if you are going to do a lot of miles...

10JH

That's a hell of a lot of car for the money!

It's an incredibly fast and comfortable car. Though Imo it's not aged particularly well. Can't be great mpg either!

Ian J

Banned
They are on my shortlist for Autumn when I may think about changing my car. Not necessarily the CL600 as the CL500 is plenty powerful enough

Steve.J.Davies

merc v12s prone to a rebuild issue I believe. something to do with the bottom of the V and a cheque for about 5 grand. but with just 60K on the clock......

petrolheed

theres the potential for huge bills that could easily cost the value of the car in a blink. If youdo buy one, make sure you keep a few grand aside

Steve.J.Davies

Where did you read this? Interested to swat up as I am seriously considering getting one.

Can't remember. Looked at it when I found a CL600 AMG for sale. Mileage was too high and too many signs of bits and pieces about to go so walked away. If it had been a good 60k example with immaculate paperwork I would not have walked.

Kurchatov

Banned
I currently have three Merc V12 cars. The V12 engine is very reliable; the oldest one of mine has almost 300,000 miles and the engine runs very well. Next has 160,000 and third has 20,000. All have excellent reliability and I would highly recommend them.

Petrol consumption on the S600 saloons is very dependant on driver and how aggressive the driving style. On a motorway run, typically I get 22-24mph, but driven round town that drops to 12-15mph.

No major issues on any of the cars which could be considered engine related. Highest cost maintenance item will be suspension system which on the V12 cars can be hydraulic (== expensive).

Kurchatov

Banned
They are on my shortlist for Autumn when I may think about changing my car. Not necessarily the CL600 as the CL500 is plenty powerful enough

V8 certainly as powerful and is considered generally to be Merc's most reliable engine, however V12 has a turbine like smoothness which is special. Increased weight does change feel of car and may contribute to increased tire wear.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom