• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

City of Ember (2008)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Based on the best-selling novel, City of Ember, co-produced by Tom Hanks.

Bill Murray, Saoirse Ronan, Tim Robbins, Martin Landau, Toby Jones and Harry Treadaway

For generations, the people of the City of Ember have flourished in an amazing world of glittering lights - underground. But Ember's once powerful generator is failing . . . and the great lamps that illuminate the city are starting to flicker. Now, two teenagers in a race against time, must search Ember for clues that will unlock the ancient mystery of the city's existence, and help the citizens escape before the lights go out forever.

Trailer

coe2pl7.jpg

Filmed in Ireland.

MrO

Prominent Member
i was reading about this a couple of days ago, its sounds like a good story with a great cast. its the first time i've seen the trailer and looks like it could be fun.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
i was reading about this a couple of days ago, its sounds like a good story with a great cast. its the first time i've seen the trailer and looks like it could be fun.

When i was watching the trailer, the whole confined set, and the dark look and colours kept reminding me of 'Dark City' movie, im going mad :D

xit2050

Prominent Member
Plan to watch this tonight. Anyone else seen it?

Yes, I did.
Not bad and worth a watch.
However, Bill Murray's performance disappointed me.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom