City Link - What A Joke

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
On Tuesday I used the Parcelmonkey website to book a collection through City Link with next day delivery and the collection is booked for yesterday. :thumbsup:

He shows up before 10am bright and early and I am very impressed, even better it is the same guy who took a 22k parcel the previous week, better still he recognises me as well and stops....then asks me "Is it big" so I laugh and tell him that it is 24k just a little bigger, he pauses and tells me he does not yet have room and will pop back when he has, OK I reply with no concern at all.

7pm and he has not shown up and their phone lines shut down at 5pm, the website states that they can collect until 6pm and my brother informs me that the guy may be late as an accident on the main road brought his bus to a standstill, but after 7pm it is clear he is not coming back. :mad:

This morning I contact them and ask what is going on, and they say sorry we do not know but we can rebook it for you for tomorrow, No discount, no offer of a future discount, in fact there is no customer service at all, the lady is very pleasant but points out she is in a call centre and actually has very little power to do anything.

I've used them 9 times in the last 6 months and this is the first time such a thing has happened, has it ever happened to anybody else?

Needless to say I declined the offer of a rebook and at extra cost to myself booked it with Parcelforce.

I then enquire as to when I can expect my refund and am told I will need to file a claim for my money back even though they never collected it in the first place. :eek:

Terrible customer service and absolutely the last time I use City Link....not hard to guess why they got "that" nickname now :(

Inked

Distinguished Member
Unfortunately, all of the courier companies tend to be the same.
I mainly use City Link and they have always been excellent when I'm sending things, however, when I bought my MacBook from John Lewis, they managed to deliver it to completely the wrong address, and then tried to get me to go and collect it from the person they had handed it over to!

WhyAyeMan

They dont call them ****** link for nothing. The amount of times I've had to drive to their depot (a 25 mile round trip) because they couldn't be bothered to deliver something to me is pretty tiresome.

Parcel farce aren't that much better, mind.

rousetafarian

They dont call them ****** link for nothing. The amount of times I've had to drive to their depot (a 25 mile round trip) because they couldn't be bothered to deliver something to me is pretty tiresome.

Parcel farce aren't that much better, mind.

or Yod-hell for that matter

dj_padd

I'm waiting for a city link delivery, should of been delivered by 5.30 pm today, tracking info says out for delivery, it also says deliveries may be made up to 9pm during December, that's gone now as well

Email heading Amazons way tomorrow as I'm a prime member

rousetafarian

I'm waiting for a city link delivery, should of been delivered by 5.30 pm today, tracking info says out for delivery, it also says deliveries may be made up to 9pm during December, that's gone now as well

Email heading Amazons way tomorrow as I'm a prime member

Are you snowed in around your area?

pandemic

Are you really expecting the guy who came at 10am to comeback after 7pm. Chances are his working day started around 6/7am. Also, if there was an accident he probably has no idea when it would clear up. So without the knowledge of hindsight, seems sensible to call it a day.

martind

Persist with chasing Amazon for some sort of compensation if you feel put out.

I had purchased a £70 bottle of perfume for the wife and Yodel (the courier company in this instance) decided to throw it over the garden gate.

I wasnt to sure whether to complain to Yodel or Amazon, so i contacted Amazon as they arranged to ship via Yodel. Anyway i explained the situation that the perfume was an anniversary present and that the casing was smashed due to delivery method!! They were very understanding and as a good will gesture offered me a £10 rebate on my Amazon credit card.

It is worth complaining when you feel you do not receive the service you paid for.

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
Our delivery that was due last Thursday finally showed up today (second phone call!)

Had been listed as "on the delivery van" since last Thursday

Two of the items were broke (flat batteries poss from being in cold for a week!)

Sender has now stopped paying the premium to yodel as they have cancelled their priority service and think yodel are crap! (sender has had lots of other complaints)

Funny how this year sales are worse and weather is better yet last year all our deliveries were on time!

rousetafarian

Yodel 'left' a contract brand new iPhone 4s behind my garden bin, on the driveway and no delivery card. Did I receive it? Yes, but I could have easily had it pinched...*******

MrTibbs88

Same with my new kinect left in full view behind somthing. No card thru door and didnt actually see it for 2 days so it got pretty wet lol. Yodel are utter crap

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Q800T 8K QLED TV Review
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom