City House of Zrenjanin, Serbia - HDR

Discussion in 'Photo Sharing' started by emils, Jun 8, 2015.

1. emils

emils
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    This is one of the first HDR photographs that I have taken. I have tried to play a little bit with shadows and highlights in Lightroom, but I did not want to change it a lot.

[​IMG]
    by emilex from Fliiby

Once I have upload the photograph in my computer, I have noticed that bright light on right side form the nearby light. I should move forward few steps but I have not noticed that during shooting...

What do you think about this photo? What I could do to improve it a bit more?

Thanks

2. kBm

kBm
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,299
    The exposure looks ok. The starbust effect of the two street lights adds interest. Did you use a tripod? It looks handheld with a lot of blur across the whole shot.

The mound of earth, the wooden pallets etc all distract from the photo. Take some time to check whats in your frame, what can you see, anything out of place? When you can't move items out of the shot, you have to move instead.

Have you any photos taken during tbe day? This may help get the basic right first before tackling low light exposures.

3. emils

emils
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have used a tripod. Now, I really dont know whether I have used manual or auto focus, can't remember. I really wanted to take a shoot of this building because I find it really beautiful. Works around there take time for more than 3 months now and I`m not that often in Zrenjanin so I can't go and take photos all the time.

Once they move all that garbage away I`ll go and take few more shoots ;)

Thank you for your reply!