Citroen DS3

jassco

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a Citroen DS3 (Orla Kiely), and I know it has got quite good reviews and a couple of people on here have said they're good, but was wondering if anyone else had any experience of the DB3 in general, good or bad?

I'd be getting it on a PCP deal and a couple of people have told me that I'm just wasting my money, and that I'd be better off getting a 3-4 year old Corsa (or similar) for £5-6k that has already taken the depreciation hit, rather than a £16k car.

Basically the deal that I'm getting is £242 a month for 3 years with a £600 deposit (10k miles per annum). The first two months are paid for, and the final valuation is £6700 if I wanted to keep it, meaning that even after interest the car works out at around £15500.

I suppose what I'm also asking is, is it worth it?!

*edit* :facepalm: I would have to go and get the name of the car incorrect in the title. Could a nice mod change it to DS3 please? :blush:

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
I have only sat inside a DS3 once and even those 2 minutes inside would make me go with the DS3 over the Corsa, just because of the interior. We had a Corsa as a hire car and the interior looks rubbish. Vauxhall had attempted some sort of sport seats, I thought they were broken, but nope, its how they are!

Also for a supposed small car, felt a bit like a barge at times!

alexs2

Distinguished Member
My wife and daughter have one each of these.....well made,nice cars with plenty of room and the diesel engines are excellent.

Epicurus

I think they look good. The first time I saw one it had just killed a motorcyclist outside my brother's house and after helping load the guy into an air ambulance I remember thinking what a nice looking car it was. At the time it wasn't immediately obvious to me that it was a Citroen. This one was in silver with privacy glass.

un1eash

Distinguished Member
They are nice cars but quite expensive from new, the Orla Kiely is very girly with its design. Its a car i'd be looking at once prices drop which they will being a citroen. The racing 207bhp looks nice :thumbsup:

If you want trouble free driving for 3 years then why not, i'd be looking at 2 year contracts though as your stuck with the car for a long time.

jassco

Distinguished Member
the Orla Kiely is very girly with its design.

This is a slight concern, especially as I won't be seeing the car beforehand.

attachment.php

This is the one that I'd be going for, but with the decals removed from the roof leaving it plain black. Other than that I think the only girly thing about it is the different coloured headrests inside...

Attachments

• DS3.jpg
    DS3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 2,992

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Not got one, but they look really smart - had a couple of new saxos when I was younger and were trouble fee for nearly 4 years.

Nothing wrong with the pcp deals I'm currently on one for my focus ST - but did it over two years instead of 3.

Enjoy mate, think the led side lights look awesome.

Dal

Sent from my iPhone using the AVForums App

colcraig72

I (the wife) have the 1.6 DStyle VTi 120 with a few extras and it's not a bad car, we have had it since November and it is very nice to drive and look at from the outside.

The gearchange is a little notchy and the pickup is not as quick as I thought it would be, but then our other car is a 2.2 Turbo Diesel so I think I keep waiting for the non existant turbo to kick in !!

Since we ordered it just under a year ago I have seen a further 5 DS3's on the road, so they are still quite rare, and a lot nicer to look at compared to the similar other 'retro' type cars, the Mini and the Fiat 500.

We have the Sports Red with the white roof and it looks fantastic, shame the DRL's don't stay on when the lights go on !!

Go for it.

10JH

The DS3 is a brilliant little car. The interior is far better than most rivals, the reviews are good and I reckon they look awesome.

A big advantage of a new one is that you can customise it how you want, which on the DS3 means you'll be spending quite a while doing so!

domtheone

Distinguished Member
They are nice cars but quite expensive from new, the Orla Kiely is very girly with its design. Its a car i'd be looking at once prices drop which they will being a citroen. The racing 207bhp looks nice :thumbsup:./QUOTE]

It does indeed. Price is rediculous though, imo.

jassco

Distinguished Member
Just thought I'd give an update. I got the car about a month ago, and I must say it is lovely to drive (and look at ;))

However there are a few issues with the sound system that they won't do anything about; the iPod functionality is broken (it makes horrible noises when playing through usb), and the 'random' function is absolutely awful. It will only randomise when manually skipping a track. If you don't manually skip, it will just play every track in order. It will even sometimes play the same track twice when there's a small playlist.

Citroen have been useless... confirmed that there is a problem but won't do anything to fix it. Both official Citroen dealers that I've taken it to (different companies) have stated that they can't fix it, and that I have to wait to see if Citroen will issue a recall (no timescale and no confirmation that this will ever happen).

I've been told to use the aux input instead, which removes any functionality in changing tracks / playlists etc whilst driving.

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
Ive had my ds3 dstyle+ 1.6 petrol 120bhp model, for a week now.

Its honestly superb. A bold move going for the petrol but ive never been so in love with a car. Its red with a black roof and black alloys, its smart as hell.

ive got the same feeling as when your 18 and you get your first car.

Cant recommend it enough. Theres alot of thought thats went into it.

Only gripe. No cup holder.

FZR400RRSP

Banned
I see the ds3 is being credited for citroens latest sales successes.
I read they've shifted a record number of units recently.
Something like 100000 cars in Europe over the last xx months.

jassco

Distinguished Member
Only gripe. No cup holder.

Have you not got a single cup holder behind the handbreak? My gripe (excluding the sound issue) is that there's nowhere to keep coins out of sight... shows it's a nice car when this is all I can find fault with the design!

Also out of curiosity have you got the usb port for an ipod connection?

I see the ds3 is being credited for citroens latest sales successes.
I read they've shifted a record number of units recently.
Something like 100000 cars in Europe over the last xx months.

I can understand that; I'm seeing more and more about on the road. I really think they're going to be a big contender to the Mini

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Just thought I'd give an update. I got the car about a month ago, and I must say it is lovely to drive (and look at ;))

However there are a few issues with the sound system that they won't do anything about; the iPod functionality is broken (it makes horrible noises when playing through usb), and the 'random' function is absolutely awful. It will only randomise when manually skipping a track. If you don't manually skip, it will just play every track in order. It will even sometimes play the same track twice when there's a small playlist.

Citroen have been useless... confirmed that there is a problem but won't do anything to fix it. Both official Citroen dealers that I've taken it to (different companies) have stated that they can't fix it, and that I have to wait to see if Citroen will issue a recall (no timescale and no confirmation that this will ever happen).

I've been told to use the aux input instead, which removes any functionality in changing tracks / playlists etc whilst driving.

I had a new Citroen Xsara company car many years ago and had nothing but trouble with the electrics with that. Citroen were useless then as well and it put me off having another one.

Dave Brand

I had a new Citroen Xsara company car many years ago and had nothing but trouble with the electrics with that. Citroen were useless then as well and it put me off having another one.

My last half-dozen cars have been French or Italian. All have had some sort of electrical problems, all caused by poor-quality components made by. . . Bosch!

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
Saw a poster for a Citroen DS4 today. They really have ramped up their design department.

Making some fantastic looking cars now.

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
I can't stand the glaring lights at the front...can you turn them off? Other than that it's a nice looking motor.

gibbsy

Lot of them running around here. Love the look of them, refreshingly different.:thumbsup:

RED_

Brilliant cars. Lots of room in the car which surprised me and the ride is very smooth. Citroen have done well in the last few years. The C4 about 2-3 years ago was the turning point i think. Now they have changed everything for the better. The C5, C6 and even the new C3 look very good.

I think Renault have been doing the same for a good while. I've been looking at their concept and test cars for a few years and they look good too. Some of them are now in production ofcourse and both companies are looking solid design wise.

FZR400RRSP

Banned
Brilliant cars. Lots of room in the car which surprised me and the ride is very smooth. Citroen have done well in the last few years. The C4 about 2-3 years ago was the turning point i think. Now they have changed everything for the better. The C5, C6 and even the new C3 look very good.

I think Renault have been doing the same for a good while. I've been looking at their concept and test cars for a few years and they look good too. Some of them are now in production ofcourse and both companies are looking solid design wise.

I think the biggest improvement with French cars has been in build quality.
I know renault recruited someone from a big german maker to oversee their build quality/material improvements.
And you can tell, they're light years ahead of previous models.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio