Citizen Kane (1941) 80th Anniversary Collector's Edition 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Link: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - WB Shop UK - Zavvi

Standard Edition: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - WB Shop UK - Zavvi

Release date: 13/12/2021 (Standard Edition: 28/02/2022)

CK_CE_4K.jpg

CK_CE_4K (case).jpg

4K Ultra HD Collector’s Edition Includes:

•Feature Film on 4k and Blu-ray
•48-Page Book
•20-Page Souvenir Programme
•Reprint of Press Release Excerpts
•Two-Sided Poster
•5 Collectable Art Cards
•3 Photo Stills
Special Features on Blu-ray:

•Separate Commentaries by Roger Ebert and Peter Bogdanovich
•Interviews with Ruth Warrick and Robert Wise
•Opening: World Premiere of Citizen Kane
•Still Photography with Commentary by Roger Ebert and More

Criterion (US) Link: Criterion.com

Release date: 23/11/2021 (US)

CK_4K.jpg

SPECIAL FEATURES:

• New 4K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
  • In the 4K UHD edition: One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in Dolby Vision HDR and three Blu-rays with the film and special features
  • Three audio commentaries: from 2021 featuring Orson Welles scholars James Naremore and Jonathan Rosenbaum; from 2002 featuring filmmaker Peter Bogdanovich; and from 2002 featuring film critic Roger Ebert
  • The Complete “Citizen Kane,” (1991), a rarely seen feature-length BBC documentary
  • New interviews with critic Farran Smith Nehme and film scholar Racquel J. Gates
  • New video essay by Orson Welles scholar Robert Carringer
  • New program on the film’s special effects by film scholars and effects experts Craig Barron and Ben Burtt
  • Interviews from 1990 with editor Robert Wise; actor Ruth Warrick; optical-effects designer Linwood Dunn; Bogdanovich; filmmakers Martin Scorsese, Henry Jaglom, Martin Ritt, and Frank Marshall; and cinematographers Allen Daviau, Gary Graver, and Vilmos Zsigmond
  • New documentary featuring archival interviews with Welles
  • Interviews with actor Joseph Cotten from 1966 and 1975
  • The Hearts of Age, a brief silent film made by Welles as a student in 1934
  • Television programs from 1979 and 1988 featuring appearances by Welles and Mercury Theatre producer John Houseman
  • Program featuring a 1996 interview with actor William Alland on his collaborations with Welles
  • Selection of The Mercury Theatre on the Air radio plays featuring many of the actors from Citizen Kane
  • Trailer
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • PLUS: Deluxe packaging, including a book with an essay by film critic Bilge Ebiri

New Cover by Mike McQuade

Attachments

• CK_CE_4K (case_back).jpg
    CK_CE_4K (case_back).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
A film that gets better with age.

A masterpiece.

love that they kept the pterodactyl footage in

Do Criterion post to the UK ? What options are available as it’s not showing on Wow for example. Amazon US ships ...maybe Amazon UK will list. Don’t want to miss this classic.

Do Criterion post to the UK ? What options are available as it’s not showing on Wow for example. Amazon US ships ...maybe Amazon UK will list. Don’t want to miss this classic.
Criterion won't ship to the UK, WowHD will most likely list it nearer the release date, give it time.

Criterion won't ship to the UK, WowHD will most likely list it nearer the release date, give it time.
Have criterion UK said they're not releasing 4K discs in the UK? Haven't seen anything saying they will release them so it'd help if they piped up!

Have criterion UK said they're not releasing 4K discs in the UK? Haven't seen anything saying they will release them so it'd help if they piped up!
I don’t know if we’re getting any UK releases, but we only get a small portion of their Blu releases so I’m doubtful. Either way they don’t have a UK shop.

I think there's good chance we'll see this in the UK (and Menace II Society). The market of boutique labels doing 4k is flourishing here, so Criterion would be daft not to join in with whatever titles they have license to release on both sides of the Atlantic (which as far as I know, of the six titles they have announced, would just be Citizen Kane and Menace II Society).

Looks like Zavvi have it listed with Mulholland Dr as well but the price is too rich for my blood and have gone with WowHD for both.

Looks like Zavvi have it listed with Mulholland Dr as well but the price is too rich for my blood and have gone with WowHD for both.

I will probably buy from the US too, but bear in mind the blurays with the extra will be region A

Say what £59.99 at Zavvi? That is taking things way too far, is this some super duper deluxe packaging?
Shhhhh if your dogs are about dont read it out loud

It comes in a full size Rosebud :rolleyes: :D

BTW the dog are actors(and I dont mean mini people in dog costumes. :rotfl:) and have there muzzles pinned up and a growling track added.

Say what £59.99 at Zavvi? That is taking things way too far, is this some super duper deluxe packaging?

It will be hand delivered by Mark Cousins where he'll have a 4 hour Kane symposium in your back garden (England, Scotland, Wales & NI social distancing rules excepted).

Not for everyone, but I'll order it :D

Seriously, stupid price happy to go with £35.00 though as I'm paying £40 for The Thing in a few weeks. StudioCanal/Universal have rights to this in Europe & Australia so there'll be a UHD along which is even more overpriced no doubt. Maybe a plastic scaled sled with snow globe? Hmm.

121.png

Price has dropped to $42.99 www.amazon.com/dp/B09CRM3XD1

That'll be roughly £45 delivered. Amazon are price matching another retailer as usual. Same price with VAT at WowHD

Zavvi charging those daft prices makes me not buy ANYTHING from them.

Deepdiscount have it for $45.15 here and although it's not in their 15% off sale there's plenty of other stuff which could work out cheap combining shipping.

I'm in at £35 I think.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
German release coming from Warner out on 23rd December 2021.
Should mean a UK release on the way too, probably on the 20th.

Great news. The Criterion release was just too expensive for me. Presumably the same transfer/encode?

02EED944-928A-44CC-A1D0-F51D39346494.gif

Amazon now have a listing up for the UK Collector's Edition.
(added link to OP, not live yet/finalised)

Set for release on 13th December 2021 (tbc)

Thanks!
CE looks to be the better package, but it's listed as "out of stock" at Amazon UK and WBShop don't deliver outside UK :(

£34.99? My tat-o-meter® is off the scale.

I'm in.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom