• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cisco Virgin HD box picture pixelating

rjbell

Standard Member
I've just got a new cisco hd box and sd picture is awful! I'm wondering if its a weak signal coming into the house but surely this would effect the HD channels too? I also didn't notice it on my sd samsung box and old 28" crt tv. I'm starting to wonder if its my new samsung tv.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Not sure wht exactly you are saying but if VM signa is giving pixellated pictures on direct feed from VHD box then there are only 3 possibilities

1) Check F connector(s) on feed from VM inc back of box are fully tightened.
2 ) Check feed from VBox to TV (HDMI I hope?) is properly and fully plugged in.
3) Phone 151 and book a fault call - it wont cost you unless you have modified VM's installed system.

emcor99

Established Member
I've just got a new cisco hd box and sd picture is awful! I'm wondering if its a weak signal coming into the house but surely this would effect the HD channels too? I also didn't notice it on my sd samsung box and old 28" crt tv. I'm starting to wonder if its my new samsung tv.
Check the output resolution, mine was set to the lowest by default (560 I think) once changed to 1080i PQ was much better.

Last edited:

rjbell

Standard Member
Yes all of the above is done. I even got an upgraded hdmi which has improved it slightly. Engineer is coming out Friday hopefullt they can sort it otherwise i'm cancelling the vbox.

emcor99

Established Member
If your coming from a crt, you may find the sd pq inferior. what model tv do you have now? have you changed any setting?

Last edited:

emcor99

Established Member
I have the Samsung UE40D5520 which has got pretty good reviews most places.
Im sure it has good reviews, but most HD Tv's have pretty bad out of the box settings (have you tried to improve them?) Buying a higher priced hdmi wont improve pq over a short lead.

I'll have a look, and see if i can find you some settings to try for your TV:smashin:

rjbell

Standard Member
Yes i'm already using the settings from facebook thanks for looking anyway. It's not the picture of the tv thats the problem. SD iplayer content looks fine. It's all the pixelating i have the engineers out friday hopefully they can check the signal.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom