Circular polariser

Biscuit761

Novice Member
I have a question regarding the circular polarizing filter I have now got. Am I supposed to see any difference when I pull the little lever round ?

Chap at work says because it is circular I do not gain anyting by this, camera is Panny FZ20.

Bill

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Biscuit761 said:
I have a question regarding the circular polarizing filter I have now got. Am I supposed to see any difference when I pull the little lever round ?

Chap at work says because it is circular I do not gain anyting by this, camera is Panny FZ20.

Bill
It's best to try this on a sunny day...with the sun at 90degrees to you point the lens at a blue sky look through the viewfinder and rotate the filter and you should see the sky darken to a deep shade of blue at one point of its rotation...similarly at a river or stream where the sun is reflecting off the water you should be able to rotate the filter and cut down the reflections.

Astaroth

I havent had much time to play with mine, and must admit to not knowing exactly what people mean when they say the sun is at 90 degrees (does this mean that it is directly across the frame?) but whilst there has been some difference I have been disappointed with the result

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom