Circuit Superstars

Any good? Always looking for something to recapture the old Micro Machines.

It's more of a proper racer than micro machines.

There was a big update today for the full release, but not had chance to try much of the new stuff yet.

I enjoy it, I mainly the played the weekly time trials. Online was a bit hit and miss due to the small player base, but that should be much better now due to cross play.

They added the Top Gear Test Track as an offline time trial challenge. Fun to play on that, but soon beat the top time. It was mostly promotional though for the YouTube series they did:

I got this last night but can't say I'm enjoying it yet. I'm doing the first grand prix on amateur level and the car is so slidey that I struggle to complete a lap on the track and without accidentally going down the pits lane.

I got this last night but can't say I'm enjoying it yet. I'm doing the first grand prix on amateur level and the car is so slidey that I struggle to complete a lap on the track and without accidentally going down the pits lane.

Despite the look of the game, if you just keep the accelerator pressed down the whole time, you won't be winning many races.

Despite the look of the game, if you just keep the accelerator pressed down the whole time, you won't be winning many races.
I realised that pretty quickly! But, even so, I am finding the car really difficult to control.

Hell the skill settings are brutal, I need a level several below Amateur, I thought I was doing OK'ish in one race on Amateur but still came last and got lapped :facepalm:
I don't think any amount of practice is going to get me out of the Amateur groups and even then it's not looking good for podiums.
The controls aren't too bad, a feeling of driving on ice perhaps but the AI are simply on rails and way too fast for me.

They tweaked the UI a few times during early access and I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again. You got a lot of regulars playing who were very quick, so it could well have skewed the feedback on difficulty.

They tweaked the UI a few times during early access and I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again. You got a lot of regulars playing who were very quick, so it could well have skewed the feedback on difficulty.
They're certainly going to have to tweak the AI a hell of a lot before I can have a decent engaging race, right now it's AI (Verstappen) vs Me (Mazepin).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom