Question Circa £500 recommendations?

phookoo

Hi all. I’m looking to see if you have some suggestions for the best possible tv I could look for in the region of £500? I was originally aiming for one of the lower end Sony’s as I was a huge Bravia fan before I bought my 55” Samsung about 3 years ago, but the middling reviews of the sets available at around £600 have made me hesitate. I’m not insistent on staying at 55”, so a smaller screen size is ok. 4K would be a must, just to have the newer technology. Any suggestions welcome

Dodgexander

The Sony XE70 series is worth the extra if you can stretch that far. They unlike many of the lower end TVs are good value at 55".

You won't get a good TV at this kind of money at 65". Cheapest I would go for at 65" would be the Hisense 65N6800.

Analysis

I’m not insistent on staying at 55”, so a smaller screen size is ok. 4K would be a must, just to have the newer technology. Any suggestions welcome
You do need to sit 1m away from a UHD screen to tell the difference between 1080P and 4K, smaller sizes even closer due to perceptual vision.

55" is the sweet spot when it comes to value.

I've just got the XE70 and setting up today and will write some feedback on the owners thread in the coming days.

Top Bottom