1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cineza & Denon 2800

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kevin Harris, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Kevin Harris

Kevin Harris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has the same setup as I do. I am a bit suspect of the Progressive Scan feature of either the Projector or the Denon 2800 and would like to see if you get the same symptoms as I.

My understanding of one of the benefits of PS is that it will remove the jaggies from left to right pans i.e. the opening scene in Star Trek Insurrection the roofs of the buildings show a good example of this, I have PS enabled the projector is saying the input signal is Progressive but the jaggies are just the same as when the DVD is in Interlaced mode.

Can anyone give me any advice on this.

Thanks

Kevin.

2. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    How have you connected the DVD player to the projector?

Has you 2800 been modified to playback PAL progressive?
    If not then all region 2 discs will playback interlaced ie non-progressive.

Try a region one disc(NTSC). First with progressive switched on, then off etc.

Are there "two" sets component out, on the back of the denon?. One may be for progressive, the other interlaced etc.

3. Kevin Harris

Kevin Harris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi fulabeer,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yeah to the question about the DVD2800 being modified, my projector will show me that i am in 480/60p and 575/50p when in PS mode

My DVD is connected via the component connections and I am very positive that the connection side is correct with only one component on the back, the switch from interlaced to non-Interlaced is from a menu and a nice blue light on the front confirms the selection of PS is on.

This topic has kind of moved to the Progressive Scan forum under my name.

Cheers

Kev.