Cineworld (sheffield) - digital screenings?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Joe Pineapples, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Hi all

I want to go and see Tron 2.0 at sheffield and fancied making it my first digital screening, but does Ciineworld have that at their Sheffield branch?.

Also, just looked at their listings and only seeing a 3D version mentioned - as 3D is a no-no for me (medical reasons), am I stuffed? :(.

thx
    joe

2. jdevil

jdevil
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,500
    Cineworld currently have the largest number of digital projectors in the UK, I'd be suprised if they didn't show the Tron on the digital screens.

But anyway, the difference between Digital and Film is barely noticeable. The film reel will be new, so guranteed no scratches.

To be honest you've probably been to soo many digital screenings and haven't noticed them. :laugh:

3. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Dont go to the cinema all that often to be honest, and normally to the local Doncaster one, which I doubt has the digital stuff. The one thing I notice most with bad screenings is a shimmering effect, especially noticeable against white or light backgrounds (snow and desert spring to mind). Was kinda hoping you dont get this with digital.

4. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Well, found out they are showing the 2D version, but on one of the smaller screens - 10. Only ever seen anything on screen 7 (the largest) and 6 (next largest), just wondering how number 10 compares. Anyone more familar with the smaller screens, or have a link to the plan layout I remember seeing when the cinema was first bulit?

thx
    joe

5. cebs_uk

cebs_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I beg to differ but I think you can tell the difference between a very good digital print and film. it may come down to the projector but as the digital ones are newer hopefully the bulb is nice and new and lined up correctly.

I remember seeing star trek last year when didsbury first got their digital projector and was blown away by the picture and then again this year BTTF was amazing also and just last week Narnia was very good in 3d also.

I don't think I have seen dirt marks, those small little holes in the film in any digital film. I saw unstoppable via a free ticket at a showcase and the quality was pants.