1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cineto video transfer

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Tom Gilfeather, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Tom Gilfeather

Tom Gilfeather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all
    Im a new member and i came across this sight while browsing for information on cine to video transfer.
    I was very interested in Len jones post reguarding the same subject i.e.
    cine to video transfer.

As i run a small bussiness doing photo restoration, computer repairs etc etc

I also do vhs videos to dvd.
    A few of my customers have asked for cine to video transfer so i have been trying to gleen as much information as i can.

I have a canon xm2 camcorder which i would use in the transfer.
    I also use adobe Premiere Pro for editing etc etc.

Questions.
    as the various customers have 8mm or 16mm some sound some not
    would i have to invest in different cine projectors.

I have a customer at present whom wants to give me 15 reels of footage,
    also her projector and screen,
    my intention was to video this with my canon xm2,
    i know their is various issues with speed etc and you have to get rid of the flicker that occurs etc.

any advice appreciated

Thanks in advance Tom

P.S please excuse spelling and grammer as im dyslexic, and posted topics on
    one other sight and the people were more interested in telling me of for my spelling and grammer rather than HELP. Thank You

2. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    See the article in Octobers "Personal Computer World" on transferring cine and VHS to DV

3. Martinshady

Martinshady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently converted a few thousand feet of 8mm std and 8mm super to video. Over the past 18 months I have collected about a dozen projectors which I have serviced and put new belts in etc. I have also collected all sorts of cine to video transfer gizmos. As for advice I would recommend the AICO Cine / Video Screen and the Sankyo 1000 projector. I have a couple of these which I have bought from boot sales. Run the film through the projector and set the speed control until the flicker stops. The image on the mirror of the Cine/video Screen (once in focus) will be sharp and the colours vibrant. The trick is to capture this image on the video camera. Always use manual focus and manual white balance, very important. Set your white balance on a bit of exposed film with nowt on it if you can. If anybody wants to buy a projector or Cine/video transfer Gizmo, let me know what you are after, I might have it. Hope this helps. I am really interested in this subject and would be interested in sharing experiences with others.