1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cinepro are back

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Toyboy, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Toyboy

Toyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a long chat with the VP, Gus Cossifos, yesterday, says they made a good impression at the 2005 CES show. The 4k6-4 SE Gold looks impressive for a mere $10,000. Thinking of shipping one into the UK, only snag is I'd be subject to VAT and import duty. Is there any way round this rip-off?

http://www.cinepro.com/

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    You can bring it in undeclared if you do it yourself, or get the supplier to mark it at a lower price than it is actually worth. That is probably a crime though.

I'm not sure why you see it as a rip off; all good coming into the country are subject to VAT and import duty, it's not like you are being singled out.

Back to the amp, I've always wanted to hear one of these, their brute power is very impressive.

3. Toyboy

Toyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would DIY but it's rather heavy. I will get one somehow.

4. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I don't think you would pay any VAT on your purchase in the US. Generally the way it works there, is you only pay VAT in you live in the state you are buying in.

5. danny daniell

danny daniell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Whenever i go to the U.S i always have to pay "sales" tax on purchases. It is usually 6% but varies from state to state....its a pain because its not marked on the ticket so when it gets added at the till it takes the shine off your potential bargains.

Dan

6. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Guys....if you're going to discuss ways round the laws regarding imports into this country....dont do it here.

We all feel the same about duty on goods...but it's not material for this area.

7. avanzato

avanzato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    On a more practical level the false cost put on the customs declaration will be the one taken for insurance purposes if anything goes wrong. They will then ask why the declared value doesn't seem to match the retail value and you will possibly get a visit as will the dealer. Customs aren't stupid.

Duty on amplifiers is 4.5% + VAT on total.