Cinemax cable and HDMI

Hackers

Standard Member
Reaction score
Please accept my appologies for what might be a naive question.

Having recently refurbuished my house I was advised to lay in Cinemax cable, both for a planned plasma TV, and a video projector. The idea is to have all the source equipment (tuner/Sky+, DVD, etc) in one room, so the cabling runs back to there. The rooms are also wired (speaker cable and CAT 5e) for speakers (5.1 with the video projector) and a control system.

All the hardware, particularly the plasma and video projector, has yet to be purchased (waiting for the January sales etc.) but, having discovered kit which now comes equpped with HDMI interfaces (e.g. Pioneer PDP-435HDE) I'm presuming the Cinemax cable can't be wired with HDMI plugs?

I'm presuming Cinemax can only be used with component video, or possibly SCART interfaces? It's too late to lay in any other form of cable, so I want to try and make the best of what I've got. What's the best that Cinemax can be used for?

is it 5 core or 3 core cinemax if 5 core you can RGBHV from Scaler ouputs.... or use it for component + S-video cannot use cinnemax for HDMI, HDMI is of limited use at the moment higher DVD players only but will become more useful in the future (HDTV etc) cat 5 may prove very useful tho............

Horneydragon, it's 5 core. What does the HV stand for in RGBHV? Thanks for your help so far.

WEll i have reconmended CX5CVto a few people (wasnt me so I'm off the hook) but have been advising then to run a few more cables as well were possible (they often choose not to due to cost) but i always reconmend a run of CAT5 with CX5CV for data and control as the included twisted pair can be used (tho not ideal) for sync so you can run RGBHV + S-video or composite

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom