1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cinematrix Sync problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Too Tall, May 30, 2003.

1. Too Tall

Too Tall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a Pioneer 737 with a cinematrix mod connected to my Electrohome ECP3500 via a 5 BNC to 5 BNC RGBHV cable.

The problem is that the voltage of the V sync seams to be too low for my ECP to pickup.

I know Keene do a syncbooster but it's scart in and out. Does anyone know of a sync booster that uses BNC connectors?

Thanks,
    Stuart.

2. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do believe that along with the syncblaster, Keene also supply the relevant cable ie scart to 3 phono. this can be linked to the bnc inputs via bnc adapters also available from Keene

3. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

It's a bit of an outside chance but... have you tried using a bnc t-connector (available from Maplins) at the projector to join the h and v sync signals together ? The ecp will be quite happy with the 'combined' sync and it may be that it'll lock onto that signal.

Brian.

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    If that doesn't work you will need what is know as an interface box. These were comenly required when PC's were not able to produce enough voltage for the projectors or when long cable runs were required. Extron were the most comon with cheapo's like Alternex availabel and the rolls royce being Procon.

5. Too Tall

Too Tall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    BXD,

Well done mate. I got a BNC Y connector from Maplins and it worked a treat. Thanks, that saved me about £300.

Stuart.

6. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Stuart,

Glad to be of help.

As for Rolands advice ....... you might like to have a think about an interface box for the future. ECP projectors do like to 'see' a 1v pp input so boosting the signal from 0.7v pp can be quite useful.

Brian.