1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cinemascope lens + dv camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Cinemascope, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Cinemascope

Cinemascope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I just got a hold of an defekt (its defekt for projektion on a big screen) cinemascope lens from my towns movie theater and just simply put on my dv camcorder.

the diameter on the cinemascope lens is obiosly bigger then my mini DV camcorder but i got that problem fixed with some electic tape and i put an metal ruler to hold it on the camera

if you have the camera full zoomed out you will see the inside of the lens so you have the have the camera zoomed 2x at all times

What the lens does is that it copresses the picture from the side with about 45% and when you you take it in to the computer ju just simply pull the picture out from the side (or copress it from the verticaly, ever witch way) the picture you get out i realy good, you get much more resulotion then if you would crop the picture at the top and botom.

Does anyone think its i good thing i have done with my camery or someone think i'm out of my mind please post som feedback.

[for all those who doesn't know what cinemascope is, its the widest format there if, the widest of the most used in moviemaking. it 2,35 times wide as it is high (a normal tv is 1.33 times wide as it is high) the same format starwars, alien, lotr, die hard is recorded in]

2. digitalsafari

digitalsafari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    :thumbsdow

3. Cinemascope

Cinemascope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i know its called a anamorpic lens and i know its for insqueesing but it works good, and i get out a 2,35 picture not a 16:9 so i dont know what you wrote added to this discussion