Cinemanow US Movies

meansizzler

Ex Member
Reaction score
OK, if you all don't know the US version of Cinemanow has access to most of the new dvd rentals that are out here, so that means for $3.99 you can download the film and watch it for a period of 24 hours, instead of going to blockbuster, quality wise it is 1.5mb/s WMV so it's acceptable..anyway the only way to acccess it is if you are in the US, but after half an hour messing around with various proxy address's I finally got access to it and rented a few videos, and it all went through, I bought Sin City and Layer Cake and some HD Documentry, but what do you know, I went to go to downlaod them it does not work, I simply get an error, well the HD content downlaods ok but not the Movies..., anyone got any ideas?, looks like they got some kind of security detection I've not seen before...anyway I'm going to keep working on it, oh I succesfully streamed American Pie and it even done the whole DRM checkup and I had my proxy disabled but it still went through...somethings not right here...anyway here are some screenshots...

cinema1.JPG

cinema2.JPG

cinema3.JPG

cinema4.JPG

cinema5.JPG

Forgot to blank out your Windows profile name in the second shot from the bottom ;)

danluton said:
Forgot to blank out your Windows profile name in the second shot from the bottom ;)

thanks I guess, well I sent a message to cinemanow support to see if they know what the problem is, who knows it might be something simple on there end, anyway I just found out the hard way that if you delete your cookies then you loose all the videos you bought, how messed up is that?...so I spent $30 on content but now I don't have it anymore, well I think that they credit your account so you can repurchase them again for nothing, so i'm going to contact them about that...why can't hollywood just licence there content in this country it would be a lot easier, the BBC already license there content to be downloaded in the US...it's just not fair...

Over the next 12 months these services will become available here so be patient and you will have similar options (bound by uk launch dates and BBFC certification). In addition the rules and regulations on that site state that if you download outside the US you do so at your own risk and if things don't work it is your problem. And last but not least, you are circumventing UK/European tax laws regarding internet downloads and publicising the fact.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom