Question Cinema White Gain 1.0 Projector Screen for Non-Batcave Room?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fallinlight, Jan 22, 2019.

1. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    Hello all,

I am considering purchasing a 114" diagonal Carada Criterion screen in Classic cinema white 1.0 gain. Someone on here said I would have little gain going to a white screen, from projecting on my painted Dulux Matt Emulsion White wall - which has always looked stunning, especially from my JVC X7900. My walls are not white but terracotta with terracotta carpet - so medium coloured walls. Ceiling is white, but I plan to paint it grey in the near future. I only watch and game seriously at evening/ night with no ambient light in the room. So, I don't have the typical white colourd living room set-up like some and am hoping this will help offset the usual negatives of using a white 1.0 gain screen in such a (all white) room.

I don't like the idea nor look of a grey screen, which I also cannot afford at the moment. And I understand the grey will dull the whites and brightness.

I have longed for a fixed frame projector screen of the correct size and this screen looks like a great opportunity; a good screen for what looks like a fair price. But apart from the black velvet frame helping with perceived contrast and reflections, would this screen be an improvement over my white wall?

Kind thanks,

fallinlight

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  2. fallinlight

fallinlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    Good afternoon,

Does anyone have any input on whether this screen would be an improvement, please?

Kind thanks,

fallinlight