1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cinema Studio EX A, B and C

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Xyphras, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Xyphras

Xyphras

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody have a Sony decoder/amplifier with Cinema Studio EX A, B and C on it? I have it on mine and I'm not sure I should use it. What’s your opinion/professional opinion on this feature? I like to play around with it some times. I have no opinion on it.

2. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    don't have it personally as i iwn a denon amp. the general opinion is that DSP modes are no good, however, if you like it then why not use it? i used to have a yammy dsp a2 and i always used the 70mm adventure and that really wound up some people as its a dsp mode and therefore it could only complicated the pure DD/DTS signal.

3. Steve_e42

Steve_e42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 1080, and before that an 870. I do use the B setting sometimes to watch movies, it does seem to give the sound a bit more depth to me, but of course its personal preference and ears lol.

4. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony 940 with these DSP modes on it & I never use them as I never noticed any difference IMO.

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27

Try them out, when I had a Sony, Cinema Studio EX B was selected for movies, but not music. It sounded better to me, the one that sounds better to you is all that counts.
    You may prefer straight DD / DTS.