Cinema Room Finally cleared out

david43ni

Novice Member
Reaction score
Ok I have decided I am going go for Red Wall and Black celling and projector screen wall my dimensions I am working on our 9x 11

But I have two stupid corners that cant be removed.

Future project looking the end goal to be dedicated room might go fancy later on with a star celling and led lighting but not yet.

Room Layout and Video

Their is an av room off to the right bottom of room,that I would need to drill through bottom wall to get through. Ill do a better video as soon as I can get it.

Capet Choice

This is my carpet supplier
Sample
View attachment 1460552
I see the calls that if only movie viewing pm;y that you should go for full black I was thinking for this for paint.

But I saw a dream media theater video on youtube and the guy had his room done in this color and It looks nice the color around the speaker grill. Its not a massive cinema room but gets me a tight 100" screen.

I see also allot of calls for the option of getting my walls carpeted I may have to as simple fact this is a front room in a detached house so is near the road in terms of noise for my neighbours any suggestions welcome

View attachment 1460549
IF I DONT go that colour I would go this

Paint Option
Farrow and Ball Black

Also our face plates worth it for the final finish into the av/room my walls appear to be pure concrete with only the smallest of gaps for the pasture board?.

So Far Equipment I am thinking off is Links I want 4k I dont see need going for 8k now?

Projection
Epson 6050ub Uk Model
Also for Screen

Audio

Denon AVC-X3700H (Black) ( but I want to have flexibility of going in ceiling speakers so could go 7.1 later)

Klipsch reference 5.1 but I want to have flexibility of going in ceiling speakers so could go 7.1 later
Klipsch R-820F 5.1 Reference Speaker Package | Premium Sound UK

Control Options
Finally what our my options to control it all am a developer programmer I would love something that could build my self in c# and xamrain forms.

But I know my options are harmony if not but i know I could go the elite. What is the earhomey developed in is their a custom remote out their based on windows embedded or anything?

Cant wait for this project am a single lad and dont see the room being used for anything else in future unless I move but i own this house thanks to my dad, 43 years old and only starting this project.

Looking forward to suggestions.

Looks like good fun, nice you have a spare room you can use, I’d think about seating and screen then work from there with layout

Looks like good fun, nice you have a spare room you can use, I’d think about seating and screen then work from there with layout
Its not the biggest room in the world 9 x 11 but least it gives me that 3 meters back from 100" screen they recomend.

But I only wish it was a new build with a purpose built room @IWC Dopplel

I'm okay with a 1736 built room, although looking to move at the moment (to another old property)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom