1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cinema Plans, Advise welcome

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by dan76n, Aug 18, 2005.

1. dan76n

dan76n
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, This is a rough plan for my home cinema room to be built with our new house. The room is 5.8m x 3.9m(19ft x 13ft approx). I have a set of Wharfdale EVO 30s for front, EVO 8s for surround, EVO centers for center and surround back, EVO 12' sub all in rosewood piano finish, Sony 1080 amp and undesided on a projector yet. Im thinking of loosing the window on the side at the back as it will effect surround speaker placement? I plan to keep the Glass sliding door behind front speakers as this will allow rear accsess to my amp plus it looks onto a canal so we may need it for resale value. Any advise on what to block the light out with would be good. Whats the best way to decorate speaker wire coming out of your walls? Any Ideas to improve would be great...

Attached Files:

2. baldrick

baldrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
    The speaker wire is easy... Fit wall boxes with 4mm banana plug plates and then use short cables to connect your speakers to the sockets... Similarly at the amp position have a set of sockets to and use short lengths of cables to connect the amp.

If you run the speaker cable through ducting in the walls then it allows for this to be replaced/upgraded should you choose to upgrade your system.

With regards to blocking out the light have a search for 'blackout' blinds. You can get these in all sorts of guises including automated so that you hit a button, the lights dim , the blinds close and the cinema fires up...