Cinema Paradiso 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Links: Amazon.co.uk - Arrow Academy - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 07/12/2020

Debut 4K release from the Arrow Academy line!
CP_4K.jpg

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
  • New 4K restoration of the theatrical version from the original camera negative, supervised by Giuseppe Tornatore and 2K restoration of the Director’s Cut version
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of the 124 minute theatrical version
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the 174 minute Director’s Cut
  • Uncompressed original stereo 2.0 Audio and 5.1 surround sound options
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Audio commentary with director Giuseppe Tornatore and Italian cinema expert critic Millicent Marcus
  • A Dream of Sicily – A 52-minute documentary profile of Giuseppe Tornatore featuring interviews with the director and extracts from his early home movies as well as interviews with director Francesco Rosi and painter Peppino Ducato, set to music by the legendary Ennio Morricone
  • A Bear and a Mouse in Paradise – A 27-minute documentary on the making of Cinema Paradiso and the characters of Toto and Alfredo, featuring interviews the actors who play them, Philippe Noiret and Salvatore Cascio as well as Tornatore
  • The Kissing Sequence – Giuseppe Tornatore discusses the origins of the kissing scenes with clips identifying each scene
  • Original Director’s Cut Theatrical Trailer and 25th Anniversary Re-Release Trailer

Attachments

• CP_4K (alternate cover).jpg
    CP_4K (alternate cover).jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Great to see Arrow making the 4K jump. Criterion being left behind.
Criterion are making that clear by planning to release The Elephant Man soon....a blu-ray of course. After the 4K release...:D

HMTB

does anyone know if the HD blu ray will be an improvement over the previous Arrow release of this film? That was from a 2k scan. I can’t see whether this release uses that same scan or whether it’s a new 4K one.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
does anyone know if the HD blu ray will be an improvement over the previous Arrow release of this film? That was from a 2k scan. I can’t see whether this release uses that same scan or whether it’s a new 4K one.

Full native 4K restoration with Dolby Vision, I've got it in-hand, I've only dipped but so far it looks gorgeous, full review closer to release date, Total Recall 4K first!

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member

The updated contents (see OP) says the directors cut Blu-ray is from a 2K restoration so that points to it being the existing disc included.

HMTB

The updated contents (see OP) says the directors cut Blu-ray is from a 2K restoration so that points to it being the existing disc included.

Thanks. So I'm thinking perhaps the new HD blu ray disc includes the new 4k restoration version of the theatrical cut (whereas the older blu ray I have had this based on the 2k scan) plus the old 2k scan of the Director's cut (which is what is on the previous Arrow blu ray).

I'll stick to my current disc I think. That's actually a relief as I only recently upgraded from my DVD to the existing Arrow blu ray.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom