Cinema Paradiso 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Went to see this at the flix way back when and then bought the region 1 dvd.
Great film and a great review.
Thank you Cas.

Looking forward to this. I will never forget the ending bringing tears to my eyes not many other films have. A beautiful work that deserves what looks like a loving restoration.

I’ve seen this film so many times. It’s absolutely charming and definitely pulled on my heart strings.

Looking forward to this. I will never forget the ending bringing tears to my eyes not many other films have. A beautiful work that deserves what looks like a loving restoration.
Yep.
It's a genuine masterpiece.
Teensy bit miffed they didn't include both the theatrical and original cut in 4K, but, meh. Still one of the best films ever made.

This has got to be my favourite movie. I'll even forgive the technical error that a cinema of this vintage would have had two 35mm projectors in order to show 20 minute reels in succession. Cinema Paradiso only has one.

Last edited:
love this film. Upgraded my old dvd to the previous Arrow blu ray release earlier in the year, which I think was already off a 4k remaster. I usually watch the longer cut though both are great. I won't upgrade to this disc but it's a fantastic film.

I really want this but wonder if it’ll appear like Spartacus in the offers soon. What a film it is though and Arrow look to of done it proud here.

I absolutely love this film, it’s a real love letter to cinema. The story, the score, everything about it resonates. A pure work of art.

This 4K release is currently available for £14.99 at a number of retailers. I currently own the Arrow 2 disc blu-ray release and am wondering if its worth upgrading considering the exact same extras are included on both releases?
Essentially do people think the improved PQ is substantial enough to warrant a repurchase?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom