Cinema Paradiso 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Don Rogers Tash

Went to see this at the flix way back when and then bought the region 1 dvd.
Great film and a great review.
Thank you Cas.

tfboy

Looking forward to this. I will never forget the ending bringing tears to my eyes not many other films have. A beautiful work that deserves what looks like a loving restoration.

OnTheFly

I’ve seen this film so many times. It’s absolutely charming and definitely pulled on my heart strings.

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
Looking forward to this. I will never forget the ending bringing tears to my eyes not many other films have. A beautiful work that deserves what looks like a loving restoration.
Yep.
It's a genuine masterpiece.
Teensy bit miffed they didn't include both the theatrical and original cut in 4K, but, meh. Still one of the best films ever made.

mike7

Distinguished Member
This has got to be my favourite movie. I'll even forgive the technical error that a cinema of this vintage would have had two 35mm projectors in order to show 20 minute reels in succession. Cinema Paradiso only has one.

Last edited:

HMTB

love this film. Upgraded my old dvd to the previous Arrow blu ray release earlier in the year, which I think was already off a 4k remaster. I usually watch the longer cut though both are great. I won't upgrade to this disc but it's a fantastic film.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
I really want this but wonder if it’ll appear like Spartacus in the offers soon. What a film it is though and Arrow look to of done it proud here.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer

Moleman

I absolutely love this film, it’s a real love letter to cinema. The story, the score, everything about it resonates. A pure work of art.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom