1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cinema package / speakers.. which ones to demo ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by CosmosblueMR2, Aug 25, 2005.

1. CosmosblueMR2

CosmosblueMR2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all :hiya:

Hopefully within the next 6-8 weeks I will be movingn house and the FIRST thing I'm doing is getting my Lounge sorted.

Already arranged with Hayes @ AV-Sales that i can come and demo some setups..

getting the new Panny TH42PWD8BS plasma, Onkyo TX-SR603E amp, not decided on which DVD yet... but need advice on what speaker set up to go with this lot.

Sound quality is important to me.. Boom and Bass is not (just my personal preferance)..
    I have been reading up and like the ("look" at least) of the JMLabs XLsib home cinema package.. at around a grand.. but need to "hear" them.

anyonw recommend some speakers / packages at around the £1000 mark that i should "definately" demo ?

will be buying the whole kit and kaboodle on the same day (circa£3.5k) so i want to make sure that the decision is a correct one !!

need some advice before I go demo'ing :lease:

thanks so much !

2. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +568
    Dynaudio Audience Range.

I think the AV setup consists of Audience 42 fronts, Audience 42C Centre and Audience 42W Wall Mount rears... no sub for £1k... but see how you get on.

You can also chop and change a little... larger fronts (52 Range or even 62) etc...

3. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Firstly you are doing the right thing by getting a home demo. If possible get the dealer or dealer to bring a selection or equipment for you to try. Only by listening to your equipment in your room can you make any real judgement on how speakers will sound

4. CosmosblueMR2

CosmosblueMR2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmmm sounds like a good idea but I'm buying all the equipment on the same day... so not really an option of having a "home" demo.

Can anyone suggest any speakers for around a grand that i should demo ?

looking at the JMlab SIB cinemascope package.... any one got an opinion on these ?.. better still anyone own them and can offer advice ??