1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cinema package or separate speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Rich1701, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Rich1701

Rich1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help.....

I am now in a position to ditch my sony pascals (as they fitted in with the decor) and splash out on a new set. I am at a loss as to the direction to proceed, complete package or separates. Some say that like technologies communicate with each other better so sticking with a complete package may be better. Will replacing my speakers give me a clearer defined sound or is that down to the receiver???

I have about £700GBP to spend, not much I know, but feel my set up is lacking that extra something and I feel the speakers are the missing link.

I have a Denon AVR1700 and whilst I will be replacing this at some stage I will wait until more receivers come out with HDMI loopthrough.

I have two DVD players connected up via optical & coaxial.

Denon can only cope with 5.1.

I would like to wall mount the speakers as the Plasma takes up most of the room...no room to the right of tv to put floor standing speaker!!!

Appreciate any help

Thanks

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    B&W MT1 package. 5 x speakers (with no sub) should be about £675. Stunning speakers in both looks and sound delivery.