• £30

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • £40

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

icemanfrosty

Established Member
Reaction score
Saw this thread posted some time ago, Sorry I could not find the post.

There seems to be a update from the studios on this plan of service, To be honest it is not looking very good considering how much they are looking at charging.

Some studios are saying no to the idea like Disney for one.

Here is more information Studios Mull New Movies at Home, 30 Days After Release For $30 - TorrentFreak

I hope this does happen as it will be great to watch the latest cinema releases in the comfort of your own home cinema,

With out the hassles of going to the cinema to get ripped off and sitting next to people who choose to play with there phones through out the film.

This does come down to price if they stick with $50 price it will be no better then going to cinema.

I still don't like the idea, except if it's for people who can't get to the cinema for health reasons. For everyone else there's nothing wrong with the status quo.

If some don't like going to the cinema then just wait a few months for the blu-ray. There's loads to watch while you wait. And people who feel 'ripped off' ought not to be able to afford $40 a pop to rent a film.

Seeing the latest movies is a treat, not a right.

Even if it was $4 not $40 to watch at home people would still want to download for nothing.

I still don't like the idea, except if it's for people who can't get to the cinema for health reasons.

As someone who falls into that category, I quite like this idea.
So many films I've had to wait for on Blu Ray, I still haven't seen Rogue One yet (preordered for delivery in 2 weeks).

The only problem is the opportunity for piracy, presumably they've considered that?

Would it be any different to now though? I imagine most films are readily available anyway, if you know where to look.

I'm in all in favour as it means I could watch recent films earlier than I do at the moment, I never go to the flix anymore. It all seems to fit in with a move towards digital streaming and that's only going to increase in the next five, ten, twenty years or whatever. It's an irresistible force and more consumer choice.

I'd pay a tenner to rent in theory, but not for very many films, and only if it was notably high quality. To purchase, I'd consider £25, with same caveats on quality.

Whether I see a film now, or in 6 months when it's on BD/UHD, or 12 months when it's on streaming platforms, doesn't really bother me. Is there really such a shortage of films to watch that there's a need to pay over the odds to watch them sooner?

Yeah, probably not targeted at the likes of me tbh...

I'm all for this kind of model myself but I do understand why Disney isn't.

They know that most of their films easily make $1 billion at the cinema and the wait for home release builds up that demand again.

Doing this kind of service would eat into the cinema end, not home release.

However, they could so offer the movies via their Disney + service. Double the monthly cost but include Day and date movies with the cinema... hell yeah

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who falls into that category, I quite like this idea.
So many films I've had to wait for on Blu Ray, I still haven't seen Rogue One yet (preordered for delivery in 2 weeks).

The only problem is the opportunity for piracy, presumably they've considered that?
hello

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom