• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

cinema build help needed

i am about to have a 17ft by10ft shed erected in the garden for my home cinema needs,i am looking for any advice possible on the best insulation to use,loft insulation or foam boards,lighting ,anything at all really, is it best to plasterboard the sides or wood panels, anyone made mistakes that i can benefit from,anyone done anything wonderful i could use, equipment used will be jvc x3,oppo 95,yamaha 2010 amp, full leema acoustics speaker package with a velodyne sub,

DrGekko

Prominent Member
Hi,

All depends on the budget to be honest! Our garage conversion was done on quite a tight budget so everything was done using as cheap materials as possible - rockwool for insulation, timber frames, custom aluminium frame screen, acoustically transparent material & velvet from a local shop etc.

If money was abundant, this is the sort of attention to detail I would aim for in my dreams:

Mark_H's Home Theater Gallery - The Cave (5 photos)

i already have everything to go in there,screen,pj,speakers etc,i was just hopeing for advice along the lines of best insulation sound wise,etc etc,17ft by 10 wooden shed,no windows,

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom