Question CINEGREY 5D in Europe?

noob0101

Established Member
Reaction score
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
@neo_2009, I searched the website for the fabric and could not is not listed, sent an email to them, no response as of yet.

I can only find 3 screens with the material that I want, but not just the fabric: Ambient Light Rejecting

I was wandering if anyone knows any other options in europe to get this kind of material.

Euroscreen make ReAct screens which seem very similar from looking at the photos. They sell their fabrics but not the ReAct fabric; and owing a ReAct I can see why. It is quite sensitive to being correctly tensioned, and the material itself is not very thick - if you think of a thin pair of inflatable arm bands, it is a similar kind of material (similar smell too, stinks for a couple of weeks when new).

The Euroscreen system has a clever rubber strip welded to the surface which is tensioned all along it's length (instead of in places using eyelets or staples). It is hard to see how a DIYer can easily tension such a surface well as it is quite elastic. This might be why they're not selling this fabric to DIY in Europe.

Be interesting to see what they say to you in reply, as it would be an interesting option to make your own if the fabric performance is good. I see they are selling the sample at 6euros delivered.

Harkness sells very large screens, sent them an email, did not recieve an answer.

Spoke to someone in the US from elite, they told me they sell the designer cut in the EU and gave me a contact for them. I contacted the EU branch and was told they don't have it in their portfolio.

I've received several samples from Harkness, and their communication was always good.
Just insist until you have the information you want, on both Harkness and Elite.

Harkness do not have a high gain grey screen, and elite told me that they do not sell it at the moment, maybe in the future.

Its a very strange response, as they have sent me several samples of their high gain (1.7 gain) screen, the Clarus XC 170: Clarus XC

I've just ordered a 120" Elite Saker tab tensioned with Cinegrey 5D screen through the Elite dealership in NL, so it is possible to buy it in Europe. Go to the eu elite online shop and contact them, they will be happy to help.

I've just ordered a 120" Elite Saker tab tensioned with Cinegrey 5D screen through the Elite dealership in NL, so it is possible to buy it in Europe. Go to the eu elite online shop and contact them, they will be happy to help.
Hi jowi.
May I ask how much did you pay for the screen and delivery?

Including shipping from the USA, and VAT, EUR 1750,- i had to pay up front since this was a custom order, normally the casing is white, i wanted a black one.

Including shipping from the USA, and VAT, EUR 1750,- i had to pay up front since this was a custom order, normally the casing is white, i wanted a black one.

Was asking about the Designer Cut series, I know they sell screens with those materials. but I just wanted the fabric.

I ordered it from the states, cost me $85 for the fabric (cingrey 3d) and $80 for the shipping.

Was asking about the Designer Cut series, I know they sell screens with those materials. but I just wanted the fabric.

I ordered it from the states, cost me $85 for the fabric (cingrey 3d) and $80 for the shipping.

Wow that seems cheap:clap:, what size fabric did you order ?

The Designer Cut series only comes in at 135" size. I got it from amazon.

The fabric unfortunately has a manufacturing defect(vertical lines once every 7.2") visible in bright scens: (not my review) Customer Review. Sent an email to elite, still waiting.

I also found another similar review complaing about this in the regular assembled screens sold (with cinewhite): Customer Review

The cinegrey 3d seems to be missing from amazon (out of stock I think), and the 5d is unavailable. On their website both materials are also out of stock: Designer Cut Series

Last edited:
The Designer Cut series only comes in at 135" size. I got it from amazon.

The fabric unfortunately has a manufacturing defect(vertical lines once every 7.2") visible in bright scens: (not my review) Customer Review. Sent an email to elite, still waiting.

I also found another similar review complaing about this in the regular assembled screens sold (with cinewhite): Customer Review

The cinegrey 3d seems to be missing from amazon (out of stock I think), and the 5d is unavailable. On their website both materials are also out of stock: Designer Cut Series

Oh dear, so have you recieved your fabric ? and if so can you confirm the defect ?

It would be a real shame, especially for the price.:(

@sim12, yes, I have recieved it and it has the defect

Well thats a damn shame, i was on the verge of buying this to replace my BW screen, i did notice on the pdf for the material that they are aware of creases in the material and advise that you use a hair dryer or similar on the back of the the material when fixed to a frame to remove such defects.

I have you tried this with no luck ?

I don't think it's a defect due to improper storage, more likely due to a fault in the manufacturing process.

The surface is smooth, there are no creases, so I cannot fix it that way. If you live in the US elite (as per the notes in the review) seems to replace the fabric:Customer Review
Customer Review

The email in the message is incorrect, I sent an email and got a delivery error. In the amazon manufacturer details the email is [email protected].

Update, Elite has sent me a replacement, this one is ok.
Their customer suport was very helpfull.

Regarding the availability of the cinegrey 3d/5d fabric in the EU, it's still not.
I can only find the cinegrey standard, but at an emourmous price, not sure why: £400 for the 135 inch fabric: CineGrey High Contrast 332x186 for ER/R150WH1

Anybody that has the lines in the Cinegrey5D try disassembly of the screen and turn around the material. I know it takes quite a long time, but i am very happy i did that now after about 2 years living with the defects... and now its perfect. The ALR works the same for me on both sides, but the "backside" does not have the defects.

Anybody that has the lines in the Cinegrey5D try disassembly of the screen and turn around the material. I know it takes quite a long time, but i am very happy i did that now after about 2 years living with the defects... and now its perfect. The ALR works the same for me on both sides, but the "backside" does not have the defects.
The website advises to use the fabric only on one side, so i'm not sure it will work the properly.
I looked at my screen and I can see the lines on the back as well, haven't tried projecting on it though.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom