Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Cinea SV300 Bafta player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kerraig, Apr 9, 2005.

1. kerraig

kerraig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, i'm a UK residen with one of these academy DVD players. When registered you are given a code to enter that locks the player to your region. I was just wondering if anyone knew what the multiregion code is or how to obtain one?

thanks

2. zeropoint

zeropoint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Since this is a 'core component of S-VIEW, Cinea’s end-to-end system for protecting DVDs against unauthorized viewers,' I'd have thought that it would go to great lengths to prevent users from defeating region coding restrictions.

3. kerraig

kerraig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah its starting to look that way.

Which is a shame cos its a hell of a player.

4. Gealt

Gealt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Cinea SV300 but after going thru 'loading' 'play' sequence when I press play it shows 'Not available'
    on a black screen. It plays cds but the sound is woeful. It says on screen after a factory reset that it is ready to play std. dvds. I have tried HDMI & scart connections.
    My local repair shop say it's not worth trying to fix it & probably no parts. The previous owner say it worked fine way back. Is it ready for the scrap heap?