1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cine to digital conversion (not DIY)

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by PK1, Sep 7, 2005.

1. PK1

PK1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have first hand experience of using a commercial company to transfer their old home movies (Super 8) to a digital format please? I have the films but nothing to play them on and am finding the various claims made by online suppliers confusing to say the least. I am not looking for superb quality but for a reasonable standard to be able to watch the films again. The choice seems to be between CD and DVD so
    any suggestions on which format to go for would also be very welcome.

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Surely DVD is the only sensible option, I have no hesitation in recommending this company :- http://www.dvds2treasure.com/ run by a personal acquaintance of mine who I know will give a first class service and not try to rip you off at all.

3. PK1

PK1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks BJC. Any other suggestions anyone?

4. STENDEC

STENDEC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. Try PENNYLANE VIDEO - They were fast, relatively cheap and excellent service.

They are on the net based in Milton Keynes area... A google search should bring them up. They did over 1.5hrs worth of my cine films and turned it around in the Christmas Rush within two weeks!!!

5. STENDEC

STENDEC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Further to my last, Here is my review that they have posted up with many others on their feedback page. The web address is also below.

http://www.pennylane.demon.co.uk/

6. Timeless Moment

Timeless Moment

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pennylane offer a good service for sure,

The final work should be a good all round professional package. This means screen grabs from the footage used to illustrate the DVD and the box covers. Chapters should have motion thumbnails and be customised to the customer not the usual standard offerings from Pinnacle et al. Music again should be sourced from a high quality copyright and royalty free source, if I hear one mmore movie with Bayou bash on it (standard Pinnacle smartsound) I'll scream!