Cinderella (2021) (Amazon) Movie Review & Comments

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
5, good lord that is extremely high :D

For me personally the whole thing was a mess starting with casting and it just spiraled from there.

fathergll

Just as a side note for giggles I decided to watch the trailer for this. I'm half way through and I realize the trailer literally the entire movie edited chronically in a few mins. I guess it doesnt matter since it's not an original story but still funny.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Thanks Cas, but I'm pretty sure I can let this one pass me by and not lose any sleep over it.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Forget this nonsense. Where’s the Shang Chi review !

In the can, Mark got back from IMAX late last night, it's all loaded and ready to go. I suspect, from the review, he was grinning like he'd been hit by the Joker's laughing gas.

Kotatsu Neko

Watching the trailer for this was more than enough for me. If it was possible to take everything I hate about modern movies and distil it into one single film, this may well be it. Tasteless, tacky, crass, crude, and completely devoid of any artistic merit. Oh and James Cordon, who is surely a contender for worst actor in history.

Meanwhile Schmigadoon on Apple TV+ is a joy.

Kotatsu Neko

In the can, Mark got back from IMAX late last night, it's all loaded and ready to go. I suspect, from the review, he was grinning like he'd been hit by the Joker's laughing gas.

You're going to the cinema? Brave man. I suspect I won't be seen in one of those for a great many years, if ever. A sealed room full of unmasked people? No movie is worth that.

Plumsandpearls

Distinguished Member
I watched it tonight. I thought it was great.
Its a load of silly nonsense, it's not the greatest film ever, but for a good chewing gum film it was really good.
I do not like camilla cabello singing.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
You're going to the cinema? Brave man. I suspect I won't be seen in one of those for a great many years, if ever. A sealed room full of unmasked people? No movie is worth that.

Only time ive seen more than 10 people in cinema is opening day on stuff like avengers movie, I take it you don't go to supermarket either then?

Walk past hundreds more people than you would at cinema wearing no masks and I see and hear plenty of coughers and lord knows how many got there before I did.

You going to stay in hiding forever ? Covid not going to just go away now, variants will keep cropping up, not to sound crass, but if you’re not living your life you may as well already be dead.
Be sensible, but live your life.

Kotatsu Neko

You going to stay in hiding forever ? Covid not going to just go away now, variants will keep cropping up, not to sound crass, but if you’re not living your life you may as well already be dead.
Be sensible, but live your life.

Not forever, but for a good while. I don't go to the supermarket, I stopped doing that very early in the pandemic and I work from home.

When I do go outdoors it's on long walks in the countryside away from others. Safety from Delta is about 60%, and I don't like those odds. If I was to make a list of places I would be willing to go to a cinema would be near the bottom. The risk is way, way too high. And to be honest, I prefer watching movies at home anyway, so it's really no loss.

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
When I do go outdoors it's on long walks in the countryside away from others. Safety from Delta is about 60%, and I don't like those odds. If I was to make a list of places I would be willing to go to a cinema would be near the bottom. The risk is way, way too high. And to be honest, I prefer watching movies at home anyway, so it's really no loss.
Not to be personal but is there a reason you are especially vulnerable to Covid, ie more than anyone else? Your way of life is your own business, but it seems a bit alarmist to be honest. Of all the indoor venues where the public might gather, I've felt safest in the cinema. It's not as if the theatres are heaving with people. And if I felt cinemas were dangerous, no way would I go near a supermarket or even go to work- both of which are essential to my being alive.

groucho marx

this is something i would normally sit and watch with my grandaughter, as she is my excuse to watch all the pixar/disney blurays and 4k discs i have,but as soon as i seen james cordens name on it her grandmother will have to watch it, congratulations to him as for someone with very limited /no talent hes done well for himself,but hes marmite,and i dont like marmite

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
I saw some of this the other day (1st 15 mins, last 5 mins, went shopping in between).

Rob Beckett looked really weird in that wig didn't he.

Was good to see Nandi Bushell playing the 'drums' in the market scene at the end. (she's an Ipswich child drumming prodigy who covers bands like the Foo Fighters and recently got invited to play one song with them in LA if you've not heard of here, very talented).

Oh and also nice to see Beverly Knight as Queen Tatiana simply because I was at a party a few weeks ago and she was also a guest, and that's my recent claim to fame :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

StormAudio launches ISP Core 16 AV processor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cabasse launches limited edition Pearl Pelegrina speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 22nd September 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Creative introduces Sound Blaster Katana V2 soundbar