Cinavia DRM on PS3s (and other Blu-Ray players)

If you're on a firmware above 3.56 then forget about it, if you're not then google it.

cheers, i am on the lastest firmware so as you say, i will forget about

ps, i did google it, but there are so many sites i was wondering if you knew the best one.

thanks anyhoo.

Even though i've read that this Cinavia protection has been implemented in firmware updates for ages why is it that only this past week (following my update to FW 3.73 I think) have I seen my first error messages with it refusing to play any of my downloaded or backed up media files? :confused:

Looks like i'll just have to buy an old Sony BR player from the classifieds :(

Sounds like something totally separate, i.e. one of Sony's fabulous firmware updates has caused, for some reason, your media to become unplayable.

Cinavia is only present on a few titles, and most of those aren't worth watching anyway!

Sounds like something totally separate, i.e. one of Sony's fabulous firmware updates has caused, for some reason, your media to become unplayable.

Cinavia is only present on a few titles, and most of those aren't worth watching anyway!

The Girlfriend would disagree. She was nearly crying when we tried watching a couple of recent rom-com films for the error message to pop up. Incidentally it only occurred on a couple of films but 2 in a row was a bit unlucky.

Just switched to another BR Player but annoying none the less

that's the list i use the list appears to be correct and don't know of any other titles that have cinavia that arent on that list

or by watching the titles on the list you have been watching some really bad films :D

or by watching the titles on the list you have been watching some really bad films :D

Suppose you could see it as the PS3's inbuilt ****(another word for poop) protector, with the titles on that list..:rotfl:

I'll stick to playing content through Showtime ;)

Not the best work around, but the only one I could find :D

I'm on the latest firmware as I play online games,so I'm stuck with it :(

they've recently added cinavia to alot more new releases now 22 in total

1. The Green Hornet
  2. The Roommate
  3. Battle: Los Angeles
  4. Dylan Dog: Dead of Night
  5. Priest
  6. Bad Teacher
  7. Zookeeper
  8. 30 Minutes or Less
  9. Friends With Benefits
  10. Never Back Down 2
  11. Larry Crowne
  12. Smurfs 3D
  13. Smurfs
  14. Colombiana
  15. Straw Dogs
  16. Restless
  17. The Ides Of March
  18. Bucky Larson: Born To Be A Star
  19. Courageous
  20. Moneyball
  21. Higher Ground
  22. Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark

they've recently added cinavia to alot more new releases now 22 in total

1. The Green Hornet
  2. The Roommate
  3. Battle: Los Angeles
  4. Dylan Dog: Dead of Night
  5. Priest
  6. Bad Teacher
  7. Zookeeper
  8. 30 Minutes or Less
  9. Friends With Benefits
  10. Never Back Down 2
  11. Larry Crowne
  12. Smurfs 3D
  13. Smurfs
  14. Colombiana
  15. Straw Dogs
  16. Restless
  17. The Ides Of March
  18. Bucky Larson: Born To Be A Star
  19. Courageous
  20. Moneyball
  21. Higher Ground
  22. Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark

Well, I'm not exactly distraught upon contemplating this list:)

Lets be thankful that thus far, they've restricted Cinavia to mostly B movies:clap:

Hi Guys, just searching on google for a fix myself, and stumbled across your thread dated 07-05-2010, 11:55 AM, was a fair read, over a year, seems like as piracy picked up, cinavia protection did too, and its spreading to the latest tech, too..

just wait till next year when tin tin, skyfall, amazing spider man have cinavia on them

Just tried watching a copy at a friends PS3 of Contraband Cam Xvid AC3 .. Error code 1 after about 2 minutes.. Played on his regular dvd player, but looked ALOT worse than what the ps3 seemed to upscale through his HDMI cable to his New TV ..

On a side note.. new to the site and I look forward to checking it out..

unfortunately all these blu rays have cinavia protection on them

Anonymous
Carnage
A Dangerous Method
Drive
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
The Ides Of March
Midnight in Paris
Moneyball
Take Shelter
The Skin I Live In

just had it on jack and jill, yes i know its rubbish but thought i'll add it fyi

The missus wanted to watch freinds wiv benefits(it was her ,,honest!!),the boy wanted the smurfs(again,honest he wanted it),and i wanted Bucky larsen....all Sony backed productions,(i think),as soon as the Sony logo pops up,i know now what to expect.I hope no other copmpanys use this.

Would one of them Sumvision cyclone3 units,be affected by Ciniva?
Im thinking of getting one (not just to watch crap films on!!),but as a less hassle way of watching some films,without using either PS£media server,or an external HDD plugged in the ps3.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom