1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cieling mount for panasonic AE300E

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by yeskyes, Nov 25, 2003.

1. yeskyes

yeskyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After researching and web searching I finally treated myself with a budget home cinema. pta 300 projector for £1200, maratz 4300 av processor for £199, Mordaunt short premiere speakers for £249 , toshiba sd 300 dvd player (Multi region) for £79 and connected with Monster cables £100 (home cinema kit from comet) and the 7ft electric screen from E Bay for £155.I am looking for a ceiling mount and 1. I am not sure where to buy from.
    2. Would the picture quality be considerably deteriorated if I project from the back of the room to much wider area than the screen itself (buying a bigger screen). I believe the ratio of screen size and viewing distanc is 6. my room size is 25ft-18 ft. In view of the short throw distance of the pta 300 at present I am projecting from a very short distance( from the table top).

Comments and advise please.

2. HappyLad

HappyLad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Big thumbs up for the LMP mount:smashin:
    see here: http://www.lmp-pc.co.uk/mounthome.shtml

The distance between the screen and the projector is a function of the screen width. I can't remember the ratio off the top of my head (its in the manual though.). If you get a bigger screen then be careful not to get too big a screen. I think the rule of thumb is that you shouldn't sit closer to the screen that about 1.5 times the screen width.
    Also remember that the brightness of the image will reduce as the screen gets larger (same amount of light distributed over a greater area). You'll need decent light control in your viewing room with a BIG screen!

I have an AE300 with a 6ft wide screen and sit aprox 12ft away (2X). I find this just about right

Good luck and let us know how you get on

3. ChrisNightingal

ChrisNightingal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0