CI module for satellite on an LG LM760

limey in france

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

I have tuned my LG tvs sat input and am missing various HD channels like channel 5 ITV2,3 etc.. It is saying that I need a CI module.

Does anyone know if they work? and if so what one would I need?

Thanks for any help

Hello

I have tuned my LG tvs sat input and am missing various HD channels like channel 5 ITV2,3 etc.. It is saying that I need a CI module.

Does anyone know if they work? and if so what one would I need?

Thanks for any help

They are encrypted channels requiring Sky viewing cards (with the exception of Channel 5 HD which is FreesatFromSky the ITV2 to 4 HD channels are subscription only) and there are no CAMs (which is what fits into your CI slot) to enable use of Sky viewing cards in non-Sky receivers. So no chance.

Thanks for you quick response!

:laugh: at ITV asking for money for their channels. incredible

Without Sky support it is unlikely that they would have launched - there is virtually zero growth in advertising revenue available for TV (mainly due to Internet growth and increase in PVRs) so no revenue to launch new non subscription channels, something that is likely to be the situation for a couple of years at least.

and there are no CAMs (which is what fits into your CI slot) to enable use of Sky viewing cards in non-Sky receivers. So no chance.

What about the Diablo CAM. No idea if it will work in the OP's LG TV, would not work in a LG 32LF7700. Works fine in several different brands of satellite receiver. Though it would still require a Sky box to update it and a programmer to programme it. And a Freest from Sky card for Five HD or a Sky subscription for the ITV 2-4 HD's.

One thing's for sure - this isn't about Freesat - header edited, and thread moved.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom