Church Projector- Specs and Price Difference

jtilley

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
First off, i'd like to say thank you for the wealth of information that is shared here. It is much appreciated. The media ministry at my local church is looking to install a new projection system. We've determined that two 8000 lumen 10000:1 UXGA projectors should suffice. My question is that I find the price varies considerably between projectors with the same specs. I find projectors with these specs and great reviews $300-$400 and then there are projectors on the $1,500-$2,500 range with same specs. Outside of unique features in higher priced projectors, is there crucial specs that I may be missing that more expensive projectors have? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I doubt any projector for $300 will be truly 8000 Ansi Lumens and UXGA native resolution.

Can you post some links to the models you are looking at?

I doubt any projector for $300 will be truly 8000 Ansi Lumens and UXGA native resolution.

Can you post some links to the models you are looking at?
I agree. Some research and reviews have us leaning to the following:
Optoma ZH403 1080p Professional Laser Projector | DuraCore Laser Light Source Up To 30,000 Hours | Crestron Compatible | 4K HDR Input | High Bright 4000 lumens | 2 Year Warranty,White Amazon product ASIN B07Z5NPW8D
I’m a little nervous that 4000 lumens will be too low.

A few questions...

Installation type - fixed or temporary, floor or ceiling mount.

Throw distance to screen, front or rear projection.

Ambient light, any direct sunlight onto the screen, screen size.

Signal distribution. UXGA probably needs fibre optic or cat 6 cabling to go any distance.

Laser projection is bright, clean and low noise, so I think you are bang on there.

A few questions... Thank you so much!!

Installation type - fixed or temporary, floor or ceiling mount. Ceiling fixed

Throw distance to screen, front or rear projection. Standard throw front projection to 85” screens. Not enough space for 100”+ screens.

Ambient light, any direct sunlight onto the screen, screen size. No windows so only typical lighting from fluorescent light

Signal distribution. UXGA probably needs fibre optic or cat 6 cabling to go any distance. Source is 100ft away from projectors. We have pair of gofanco HDBaseT HDMI Extender 4K 60HZ and Cat7 for each projector

Laser projection is bright, clean and low noise, so I think you are bang on there.

In which case I would say that 4000 Lumens should be more than enough. Just make sure that any fluorescent lighting is moved so that it won't shine directly onto the screen, that's all.

Lumen figures are used by the marketing dept more than the tech dept these days - 8000l with a washed out image on one projector is very different to 8000l on a projector with decent colour reproduction on another.

Have you considered fixed panel displays at that size?

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom