Chuffing PCs :(

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Turned on my arcade PC that I had spent a good 10hrs setting up...... And it fails to load. Get perpetual loop with critical service failed. Tried everything I can think of and now doing a reinstall. :(

Not sure if sign of hardware failure or if unlucky crash and corruption.

I promised I would take a disk image once it was set up..... But I didn't.

Sorry just ranting. ;)

So the OS was loading and now isn't? Is this on Windows?

It worked fine last time i used it about a month ago. I just hope its not hardware. Its possible a mate just unplugged the pc last time it was on and that messed something up.

Yeah its windows 10

Also bios settings on mobo were lost (its an oldish pc and the battery has gone.. its been like this for the last 6 months or so however and resetting bios has not been an issue before. I have now replaced the battery however

If the bios settings were reset have you made sure everything has been put back the way it was? E.g. Sata mode set to AHCI from IDE etc. etc.

I solved it.... So when deleteing and rebuilding my c drive partition failed i was at a loss. It took me over 10 hrs to set up my arcade and emulation pc to work as i wanted it and typically had not packed up my settings.

Then i remembered that windows builds its own small partition for housekeeping stuff. I deleted that, let windows build another one and tried again. Windows seemed to install fine fingers crossed it stays that way but just in case i have backed up my 70gb of emulation content to another hdd

I have never known this happen before

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom