1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chuffed with my new Nautilus speakers

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Black 5, May 25, 2005.

1. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    What with the job prospects improving as of late, I have found some 6 months old Nautilus 802s and HTM1 to replace my B&W NT front setup. In all, I've got as good as new (I know they're not the 'Diamond' versions!) front at a significant saving and, more importantly, a whole new excuse to listen to my CD/DVD collection all over again.

I am one happy camper and, after the TMREQ is re-done this weekend will be even more so :cool: since I've got fantastic results even without a recalibration.

2. Joelc

Joelc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Congratulations....

3. bananas

bananas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ah excellent stuff.
    I auditioned the B&W NT series 18 months ago to replace my ageing Kef set-up but I eventually was seduced by the Nautilus 804s and managed to squeeze the bank account enough to get them plus an HTM2.
    They go nicely with my new av 32r 7.1 and 100x5r..Im very happy.
    The manager also played the 800 signatures matched up to Classe amps and Wadia CD player....whoa, theres my lottery prize money!

4. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    That's a serious mistake IMO - how do you think I got fixated with buying some 802s? :D I've since learned never to listen or look at anything I can't afford ;)

5. caleb

caleb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am pleased that you got these speakers - I have 802's front & surround with HTM1 centre.
    I originally used my 250x3 for the front & centre, but always felt there was something missing.
    Now I have the 250x3 for the rears & centre and use two Bryston 7B SST for the fronts, and this has made all the difference.

By the way I spent a weekend doing the TMREQ and noticed a huge improvement.

6. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Caleb, I can't say there's something missing really, but after the TMREQ session this coming weekend, I'm sure I will with retrospect. If I'm not very much mistaken, the EQ does a lot to take some of the hard work out of driving any speaker - when I had my 9NTs and the calibration was done, it certainly felt like I'd had a major upgrade and I'm expecting a lift in performance again this time, especially as I'm still on the old speakers' settings!